Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Big Kitty killed near Eagle River, WI >

Big Kitty killed near Eagle River, WI

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Big Kitty killed near Eagle River, WI

Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Bartender

Default Big Kitty killed near Eagle River, WI

"This lion was hitbetween Eagle River and Woodruff, Wisconsin , by a car. Fish and Game had to come and put him down. He charged at the Fish and Game guy in the process. Look at his PAWS!. "
Anyone hear anything about this?

Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Big Kitty killed near Eagle River, WI

Another

Old 03-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Typical Buck

That is one big cat. Too bad it got taken by a car.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Check the North Eastern Region thread for the straight story on this lion. Lots of stories going around about this cat. Supposedly killed in many states.

It was killed in Arizona.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

But the guy in the pic looks so much like a cheesehead[&:]
Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that all of us midwest hunter should make a promise to each other, if we see or kill a species non-native tothe Midwest, either by mistake or accident including, but not limited too: mountain Lions, elk, armadillos, bears, yetis and sasquatches, we should make a point to take a picture of it by our licencse plates to help with the controversy.

Ive gotten the one with the mountain lion on the back deck through the glass door saying it was from 5 different states and counting....Great picture, but I couldn't get a legit answer on where it was from.

When hunting out in Eastern Kansas when I was at the University Of Kansas I got a quick glimpse of a HUGE black cat. Mentioned it ata local hunting store a few weeks later to find out it had been spotted about 10 times over the past 2 years, twice with cubs. They said that the cat had been declawed so it was probablya house pet gone wrong or escaped from a zoo. They said the funny thing was since it had only lately with Cubs and by the tracks the Cubs weren't declawedand also had a lighter color, the father could have been a wild cat. You never know where they could be I guess. I seem to run into a different type of "Cougar" here in Chicago at the bars every few weekends!! I hope some of you get that Joke!!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

With all the out-of-state hunters here in Illinois, any sasquatch killed would likely be posed next to a car with New jersey plates. Or, in my instance, Ohio plates
Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Bartender

Well Fast you nailed it bro.[:@][:@][:@] I should know better when I get it from my Mother. Arizona it was.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080320/GPG07/803200714/1273/GPGlife
ORIGINAL: fastetti

I think that all of us midwest hunter should make a promise to each other, if we see or kill a species non-native tothe Midwest, either by mistake or accident including, but not limited too: mountain Lions, elk, armadillos, bears, yetis and sasquatches, we should make a point to take a picture of it by our licencse plates to help with the controversy.

Ive gotten the one with the mountain lion on the back deck through the glass door saying it was from 5 different states and counting....Great picture, but I couldn't get a legit answer on where it was from.

When hunting out in Eastern Kansas when I was at the University Of Kansas I got a quick glimpse of a HUGE black cat. Mentioned it ata local hunting store a few weeks later to find out it had been spotted about 10 times over the past 2 years, twice with cubs. They said that the cat had been declawed so it was probablya house pet gone wrong or escaped from a zoo. They said the funny thing was since it had only lately with Cubs and by the tracks the Cubs weren't declawedand also had a lighter color, the father could have been a wild cat. You never know where they could be I guess. I seem to run into a different type of "Cougar" here in Chicago at the bars every few weekends!! I hope some of you get that Joke!!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Spike

yeah this pic has been on a bunch of other forums that i have been on and just about everyone has it being killed in a different state.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought it wasn't the real deal, I don't think the DNR would let the guy keep it!

Did you hear about the cat in Rock County, they have that one on camera, seen the footage on the news a few weeks back. Anyone know anything more about that cat????

Quick Reply: Big Kitty killed near Eagle River, WI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.