Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Info

Old 02-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wisconsin Info

Me and my buddy are taking a trip accross the lake to go hunting this archery season. are the nonresidenttags OTC? cause someone said they are and someone said they arn't. i'm confused.

any good ideas to go too? public land wise
Old 02-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wisconsin Info

Yes they are , last year's archery was $160.00 .
Charlie
Old 02-28-2008, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep OTC but I do believe you have to purchase it 3 days before you can huntwith it..Walt
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 AM

stikbow has it right...

where you planning on hunting? if you are planning on hunting central WI, stay away from the Mead Wildlife area, I wasn't impressed with it. I'll look and see if I can find the map with all the public land on it
Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 AM

the WI dnr site has a page with all the state owned public land. I can't find the page with all of the Lumber company land that is accessible to public hunting. good luck
Old 03-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Update:

I went on the Wisconsin DNR website and they have the Earn-a-buck thing. how does that work. do you have to buy an extra anterless permit before you can shoot a buck? this is so confusing. we'll be hunting in Green and Rock county's too. Those are CWD zones. anyone wanna clarify some things for me??

Old 03-02-2008, 10:05 PM

You need to tag a doe in order to get your buck tag they give you a sticker thing that you stick on the back off the other tag
Old 03-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

In CWD zones you can get like 5 tags a day for really really cheap
Other counties may or may not be eab. Just check the regs.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/regs/

no doubt they'll be different next season.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Beagle001

stikbow has it right...

where you planning on hunting? if you are planning on hunting central WI, stay away from the Mead Wildlife area, I wasn't impressed with it. I'll look and see if I can find the map with all the public land on it
the mead wildlife area is fine area to hunt its big enough you can get in there and not be bugged by other people. my buddy you goes to UW stevens point shot a very nice 8 pt out of there. that area is very good area and there are good public areas around there too besides mead. just my 2cents
Old 03-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Fork Horn

If it is a earn a buck unit you need to shoot a doe before you shoot a buck. You cannot shoot a buck until you shoot the doe first. If you shoot them on the same day that is fine you just register the doe first, get your earn a buck sticker and stick it onto your buck tag then register the buck after the fact.
This is only if it is a earn a buck unit!! Which there are several. You will have to look at the map to find out on the dnr web site. If not it does not matter.
Also if you shoot 2 does you will have a extra earn a buck sticker that can be used for next year, or archery / gun hunting. Whichever you use first. You have to shoot 2 does a year to shoot 2 bucks a year. One for archery and one for gun. And these are carried over to the next year if you do not use them in the current year. So do not lose them or discard them because they will not issue a replacement!!!
I can't help you on the CWD units never had to deal with that mess. Just the earn a buck.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.