Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Thinking about hunting ohio >

Thinking about hunting ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Thinking about hunting ohio

Old 02-17-2008, 07:02 PM

Default Thinking about hunting ohio

I am a michigan resident and was thinking about possibly hunting state land in ohio for the 2008 archery season. I was wondering what areas would provide me the best chance to harvest a mature buck.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thinking about hunting ohio

None and all. It's public ground and heavy on the "Public". Do your homework and take your best shot. Most likely there will be others to ask when you get there.

That's life as a trash picker.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

We don't have any deer in Ohio. Although you may want to try to look to the Southeast portion.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I live in the southeast portion and there are no deer here either might wanna look into Wisconsin or somewhere else.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:46 PM

Huntoholic,
If you are interested in private land we offer access to 10,000 acres for $1,000.00 a year. Check out our website -- www.sunfishvalleyoutfitters.com and click on packaging and then overflow.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck with that. as mentioned above you got your work cut out for you, topos, leg work and lots of luck. dont go on any of the opening days unless you like lots of company. make your hunts on the most remote areas that you can find, in the worst possible weather imaginable and you got half a shot. if you do find anything dont leave a trail to it because sombody will follow your trail gaurenteed. ( so, hunt like Rambo would ) conventional wisdom is out the window on public land in just about any state. you need to outthink the other hunters in the areas you go to. ( deer and deer hunting magazine has coverd this issue before ) o by the way any deer you see on public ground is a trophy
Old 02-20-2008, 03:36 PM

Hunt give me a hollar i'll fill you in on alotta great public land here in Ohio i hunt Michigan also send me a private message an i'll give you some info on great areas an trust me its not as pressured as people say it is...

MrGobbler
Old 02-20-2008, 03:38 PM

CoupleOf My Pressured Ohio Public Land Bucks And A Public Land Gobbler

Old 02-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MrGobbler43

CoupleOf My Pressured Ohio Public Land Bucks

Which public ground down there was it? Been thinking of a trip to that region.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:54 PM

You got a big choice,Tri-Valley Area,Conesville Coal Co. Area,Muskigum Water Shed Area,Woodbury Area,Peabody Coal Land all these are in Coshocton,Muskigum County iin Ohio between Cambridge Ohio and Coshocton Ohio

MrGobbler

Quick Reply: Thinking about hunting ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.