Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Camera Men Needed >

Wisconsin Camera Men Needed

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Camera Men Needed

Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 AM

Default Wisconsin Camera Men Needed

I am looking for a couple guys to run camera on the up coming youth turkey hunt here in WI.
Each year I show up with one or two guys and there are anywhere from 12-20 first time hunters. We can not cover enough Kids at once.

This work is all pro bono, I do it for the kids, no money made here at all.

Here is how it works. I hook up with a turkey guide and gun store owner in Marshall, WI. Tom puts on this hunt for the kids every year with the help of NWTF, Quaker Boy and
Winchester. He has 28+ properties to hunt in the coveted zone 26.

Each child gets their own guide and property to hunt. With our help a camera man too. I do the editing until now to get each kid a DVD of their hunt.

The hunt takes place the weekend before the regular season opens. Plenty of turkeys and some great footage to be had. Do I even need to mention the smiles on these kids faces.

Hunt starts on Saturday morning and ends Sunday evening. A hotel stay may be required to shoot both days but I will take one day if thats all you got. I may be able to help with hotel cost if needed.

Once each kid has their DVD your footage is yours to do what you like with it. We just need more camera men to cover as many kids as possible. All you need is a camera and some time to donate to a great cause.

I am still waiting for the exact dates but if you might be interested and want more info,
contact me at any time [email protected] or 262-496-3102

Thanks in advance,

Art
Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Camera Men Needed

if you were a lil' closer to home I would love to help you out!! just don't have the $$ and time-off to travel too far! good luck!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:46 PM

Hey, thanks for the thought anyways. I am sure we will get something put together. Still have a couple months left.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I could be into this for the kids. The only camera I have is a Canon ZR90 Mini DV. Not sure if this will work but I'd be willing to try depending on the date! let me know!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:47 PM

Your ZR90 Mini DV will work just fine for the kids DVD's I will get back to you with the dates as soon as I get them..

Thanks in advance,

Art
Old 01-28-2008, 06:54 PM

That's an awesme things you're doing. Time and equipment permitting, I would love to help out. As it is, I hardly get to spend any time with boys in my old scout troop.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM

I have to tell ya, my two kids have hunted this hunt and it is a blast for them. The DNR give each hunter that downs a bird a free tag. The smiles and stories these kids come back with are short of amazing. My daughters first trip she didn't get a tom but had a coyote run ten feet from her and snatch up a decoy. Three years later and I think she still talks about it.
There was one kid that tried for two weeks to get out of the hunt after taking the class (did I mention 4 hours of learn to hunt class) He got talked into going out the first day. Three hours later and 26 pounds of long beard in his hands, you couldn't shut him up.

I video hunts and have been working on a DVD series and TV show for a couple years now. Thats how I got involved in Taping these hunts. I have one good camera man and myself. Last year we tried to cover 14 kids over two days of hunting with two cameras and it just didn't work. As usual with my buddies (names withheld)...LOL Everyone wants to help until the big day comes.

Thought I'd give this a try and see what happens.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

I would be willing to donate my camera and time as long as the dates work out............also is the property we would be hunting close to Marshall? Would also be willing to do some editing if need be.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:12 PM

All the properties are 10-15 minute drive from downtown Marshall. Just found the dates on the DNR site Youth are allowed to hunt on April 12 and 13th this is usually the weekend before first season opens. As far as the editing goes, I may take you up on the depending on how many cameras we get in the woods.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

The dates should work out for me......................send me an email with all the particulars and I will put it on my schedule.

[email protected]

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Camera Men Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.