Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 going out in the morning. >

going out in the morning.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

going out in the morning.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:40 PM

Default going out in the morning.

well i'm going out in the moring. we are expected to get 4-5 inches by tom.night . think the deer will be moving good because of the front. i have a stand i've been holding on to for late season. by food sources and a good travel route. tracks as big as my fist . any pointers? thankyou for the help. good luck toeveryone going out and be safe. have a Merry X-mas!!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: going out in the morning.

Good luck to you, may try it in the AM myself. Need to fill a doe tag. Latest forecast model here in north central indiana is around 12-17 inches of snow through Sunday. Figure they may be on the move in the AM before that hits.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: going out in the morning.

As always, use the wind to your advantage. You may want to hunt the travel route closest to the bedding area. I shot a nice buck yesterday the 14th, in a doe bedding area. He was rutting good, chasing a hot doe but he never traveled more than 100 yards inside the bedding area. He would've still been in the bedding area chasing that doe if it weren't for my arrow changing his plans.