Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Chandlerville,Il. >

Chandlerville,Il.

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Chandlerville,Il.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Chandlerville,Il.

Anyone know if there is a processor in the area?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Chandlerville,Il.

Funny you should ask about this. One was referred to me before our trip. It was called Cass Meats in Virginia. It was referred to me as doing good work and being fairly priced. I would not give iteither. Wedropped the deeroff onthe weekend and told theworker that we needed it byThursday. They charged $65 for the first 75 lbs and then .52 a pound after that for standard cuts. Seemed a little steep but what the heck.When we were leaving out we stopped by to pick the meat up and was told thedeer was still hanging. All they could do was to quarter it up and charge us $25 for skinning it and quartering it. I would avoid if possible. Maybe someone else has a better alternative or have had a better experience with them than we did.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Wow!!

I used Cass meats with no problems with the last time being 2 years ago. I wonder if they sold out or something because I recommended them[:@]

Don
Old 11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a lot.....I'll keep that in mind.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

I think there was something to do with change in management, I don't know what the current management is but I was not impressed
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

midsouth_hunterim sorry you had problems with my buisness. i knew nothing about this or that you needed it by a certain date how long did you give us to process it? who was it that you delt with and around what date was the deer delivered. i will make sure to fix the problem.our prices arevery resonablefor around here.we promise your meat and no one elses unlike most all others around do when it comes to ground meat. there is nothing worse then shooting a nice young doe and getting old buck burger. this process take a little bit longer causing us to charge a little more but againcompared tomost other places we are very resonable.

donK i am glad you have like what you have recieved. we have owned the buisness for the last 7 years and we bought it from dr. goodin (my grand father).

lifeadrag i guarenty you the best quality meat out of everyone around, no if and or buts about it. but just so you know with the mass amount of deer we process it does take a little longer to get it back to you than if it were the slow season usually taking about 3 weeks this time of year. give us a try for your self. you wolnt be dissapointed!!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

duckdog132,

We dropped it off on Sunday the 4th of Nov and told the man we needed it by Thursday when we left. He was the one that answered the phone on Sunday, maybe he was on call. He met us at CASS Meats and took the deer in. Since this is the first time I have been at your business, this is the only personal experience I have had. I talked to Don K and maybe this was an isolated incident but it will still make me think twice next time. You have a fine looking business and maybe the point of failure was a mis-communication concerning the single employee. Thanks for your response.