Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

M.O. PRERUT??

Old 10-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Spike

Default M.O. PRERUT??

HUNTING IN EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI THIS MORNING I SAW FOUR BUCKS HANGING TOGETHER. ANYONE ELSE STILL SEEING BACHELOR GROUPS? OR PRERUT BEHAVIOR?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Spike

Default RE: M.O. PRERUT??

Yeah, I'm seeing quite a few hanging together. They are starting to get the does nervous. Seen a few big 8 pt'rs cruising near dark.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

In NW MO over the past couple days I am seeing first signs of bucks starting to give chase....
however, in Central MO last weekend, I saw a bachelor group of 3 nice bucks still hanging together.

I am heading out in the morning and have high ambitions!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last weekend we had the Youth Deer Hunt and a friend of mine saw a Buck chasing a Doe and his Son shot it....a nice 8-Pointer!I took my Daughter out also and all we saw were Doe's and no Buck in sight or themchasing anything? I've been Bow Hunting all week and today (friday) I saw a lone Doe cross the field and a little later on I saw 3 different deer but they were too far to tell what sex were?I've been finding lots of Scrapes so the Rut is getting very close and they are calling for colder weather here in Southeast Missouri.Oh yeah....wednesday I saw a young 4-Point Buck about 35-40 yards from my ladder stand and he was traveling alone.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM

I saw a 6 pointer this morning, he really put on a show, he took out a lot of frustration on a little defenseless tree,,lol then proceeded up the ridge and tore up an active scrape. Just as he was almost out of sight, a doe came strolling past him, and he took in after her, she was having none of it, but he did try to give chase, but gave up after a few minutes. Hey GTOHunter... How come no on here calls you "Puddin"??? lol
Old 11-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because that is Wood's pet Nick Name I gave him! LMAO

You following me Angus? [&:]I went out hunting this evening and heard a Buck Grunting...I tried to call him in but he wasn't cooperating!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Hey GTO,,, I just had to do that,, Ive noticed a couple guys on both sites, I think.

I went out this evening, all I saw was a cowhorn spike, he was traveling up the next ridge from me, so I used the can call, and here he came. He spent a half hour withing 20 yards of my stand, going from one scent bomb to another smelling the Tinks I had out, but couldnt figure out where the doe he heard went.lol I cant seem to get a shooter anywhere round my stand with me in it. I get pics of them, but they wont come when Im there.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Markfromnwmo I am from around Moberly.Nice to someone on here that is near by.We have bucks running wild around here ,chasing all over, it is great.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Last weekend 11\3 I saw bucks with does so it's on. We need it to be colder than 60. I think its supposed to rain on the 11\10 opening day and be in the 60s. Still alot of folige in the woods, in Hermann, MO. Good luck to all.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM

I think its supposed to rain on the 11\10 opening day and be in the 60s.
Yep. High of 64 with a chance of rain/partly cloudy. Great. And to think deer season used to be cold.

I bowhunted last weekend and didn't really see much to suggest that there was any action yet. But it has to be close!

Quick Reply: M.O. PRERUT??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.