Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind >

Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind

Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Spike

Default Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind

I wanted to share some pictures of the whitetail buck that my best friend harvested yesterday evening from my Double Bull ground blind. He has shot some good bucks with a rifle but this is his first with a bow.

We couldn't have planned it any better. We set the blind up in a cut feed field that the deer were using to feed. On Sunday night there were three trophy bucks in the field, including this one, but none came close enough for a shot. Last night this buck came right in just shortly after sundown. (shooting hours end 30 min after sundown) It was almost as if I was just reeling him in. My buddy was able to make a nice, clean 20 yard shot. It was a great to be there and share in this experience.

Now, I might just be a helluva great guy for giving my buddy the opportunity to harvest this deer. Or maybe, I'm a greedy bastard for not shooting this buck because I know that there are two bigger ones on the property.
You decide.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Spike

Default RE: Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind

Thats one great buck, I see your from southwest kansas. What area where you in?? If I don't get a good buck here I plan on hunting around lakin come december, should be a whole different challenge not a single tree to hang a stand out there!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Spike

I'm not that far west. There's some good deer out there. Good luck!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Spike

As promised, here are some pictures of the buck that I took yesterday evening from my Double Bull blind. He came in about 10 minutes before shooting hours were over and gave me a nice 20 yard broadside shot. I double lunged him and believe it or not, he only went about 30 yards! Needless to say he was very easy to track.

After screwing things up last season, and then letting my buddy take his first buck, I FINALLY got a nice whitetail buck out of my ground blind! Told you there were bigger bucks on the property!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yip, a nice one in deed. My brother shot a good 4.5 y.o 8 pointer out of my double bull on the 1st of Nov. Those blinds sure come in handy when there aren't any good trees for a tree stand.