Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL guys

Old 10-04-2007, 11:12 PM

Default IL guys

Any IL guys have success thus far???
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IL guys

I was out all day on Monday and didn't even get close to anything. I spooked 2 doe out of the field first thing in the morning. Saw 12 turkey about 200 yards away around 2pm and saw 4 doe in the field next to where I was hunting as I was leaving to call it a day. While in the stand I never saw a single deer. Hopefully better luck in 2 weeks when I get back out.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't got out yet!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I tagged one on Opening day around 3:30 pm. It had been already tagged by someone else who shot out his guts. The shot from the guy was about 6" up from the left ham and exited behind the ribs. I saw the small 3 point buck walking thru the bean field with his head down and not paying any attention to his surroundings. He was on auto-pilot. So looking thru the binos I knew he was hurt bad and decided to take him. He walked into a very small open part of the field and I put one in the near side lung and liver and he was down within 60 yards. This was on Chouteau, Island and I was 1200 yards from my truck. Talk about a long, hot drag out.

Paul
Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted southern Illinois,monday and tuesday,and the only thing I got was a bad casy of poison ivy[:@].I did see some deer,and turkey but none in range to shoot.It was really windy,dry and hot.I got back home wednesday and checked some public grounds out in north west Illinois.I wish that I didn't take the first week of October off for hunting this year,next season I will wait till about the third week or so.Oh how I itch!![:@][:@]
Old 10-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoping to get out next Saturday when it won't be so freaking hot out...
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM

i saw 4 does about 70 yards out, had a really nice 6 point come in at 30 yardsand he ducked my arrow.

thats why they call it hunting
Old 10-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I got a doe @ 7am monday. I saw a total of 9 and my hunting partner saw 4, lost 1[:@]
Old 10-07-2007, 07:48 AM

got a nice young doe about 5 mon. evening. cut cornfield. also saw 4 bucks running together, the largest being an 8 point I might have shot if he hadn't been on the other side of the field.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

TOO HOT:
I like to let them hang for a couple of days before butchering.I hate being rushed into processing.

Bill

Quick Reply: IL guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.