Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 INDIANA hunters >

INDIANA hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

INDIANA hunters

Old 11-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: INDIANA hunters

Whack him high or in the shoulder?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, in that so called dead area. They are tough suckers.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Spike

I should rephrase my earlier comment about the rut not being in, I guess I meant it didnt seem to be in FULL swing a couple days ago. But who knows you would think a big boy like I saw wouldnt be hangin around with no one except some fine does if it was peak rut!

On another topic I did the same thing about 7 or 8 years ago when I use to bow hunt. Had a small 4 pt. about 15-20 yrds out, let the arrow fly, hit him hard and knocked him down. A nice blood spot where he fell, and about a 15 foot blood trail that just dried up. Never found my arrow, never found the deer. I looked for hours, nothing and this was in about 5-8 arce woods so not that big at all. Felt real bad but I did what I was suppose to, I only had hoped I hit him in the shoulder blade and that he lived.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM

I live just North of Lafayette about 30 miles and went out last nightand this morning. I saw a doe and a fawn only last night. This morning another doe and fawn came walking by me. Across the field about 500 yards there was the monster I have been watching this year. There was also another big bodied deer. One side had 5 points and the other side was all jacked up. He had 3-4 points that went straight up and a droptine. There was a spike and a doe too. The monster headed west and the others went east. The bucks don't seem to be even remotely interested in the does yet. That is just what I have noticed.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 PM

My buddy saw him this morning chasing a doe. He said it looked like it hit the shoulder.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolute fantastic morning. I seen 3 very nice bucks, including one that was an absolute monster at about 7:15. I ended up taking a very nice 8 pointer, he is my biggest buck and only my 2nd buck with a bow. He went about 40 yards. Gotta get some things done and i will get a pic up later. All bucks were chasing after does hard, the one i shot was with another nice buck and i was able to call them over to the property i hunt with a grunt tube believe it or not. I hit the tube and they both bolted straight to me.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:59 AM

Bucks are chasing the does hard now! Saw 4 bucks and 5 does this morning. No shooters but it was great to see so much action!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Spike

I took a ride up to our property this morning to do some phesant hunting, bucks were moving everywhere and chasing does all over. All the way up 69 from fort wayne to angola deer were everywhere. Cannot wait until this coming saturday.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, finally back settled in for the evening. Here is a pic of my buck. He is an 8 point, and an old one at that. I do believe this is the same buck that frustrated me on 2 seperate occasions last year. Once with a bow and then again opening morning of shotgun. I think he has actually started to decline this year in mass, but he is still a heck of a buck for the property i hunt and i couldnt be happier to nail him with a bow. He dressed out at 165. I didnt have a great angle on the shot, but still put the arrow almost 3/4ths of the way through his shoulder. He didnt make it 50 yards. Get out there and sit tight, they are after does hard. I was gonna sit all day today if need be.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck!

My buddy shot a doe, 1 of 2 he saw all morning. Myself on the other hand, saw 3 different bucks chasing the same group of does..all morning long! One buck had his left side antlers broke off at the base, and was less than aggressive. Was fun to watch, but the only shooter of the group was a doe standing around watching. She was BIG!

Anywho, my buddy took his deer to D and D Processing outside of Corunna. 2 big bucks were in there. One was nailed on I-69..and was brought in by a guy who hunts a woods next to where it got hit. That would suck.

Here's the one that got hit:

Quick Reply: INDIANA hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.