HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   INDIANA hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/206886-indiana-hunters.html)

bigtim6656 09-29-2007 10:29 AM

RE: INDIANA hunters

ic an't get out till thursday

Parrot Head 10-01-2007 06:55 AM

I am read 98 straight days of deer hunting for me.

eelriver 10-01-2007 09:19 AM

Bachelor groups starting to break up in West Central Indiana. I saw some sparring going on this week-end. As the corn starts coming out the season will only get better. We took a kid out for the "youth hunt" this weekend, and from whatwe saw the deer are still in the summer pattern. Come on cool weather.

monster10rackstack 10-02-2007 09:17 PM

It was a slow day today. how has everybody else's start been

Primitive Weapon 10-02-2007 10:29 PM

I hunted public land both Monday and Tuesday morning. Saw 13 (12 doe's - 1 small 6pt buck) on Monday, nothing Tuesday. I wasn't interested in the small buck since we only get ONE for the year. I'll hold out for something bigger.

I would have taken a doe but the ones the came close enough for bow range were small. Drew on a pair of does a couple times just for practice, none of them winded or spotted movement. Monday was a fun day.

Pat Curtis 10-03-2007 01:46 PM

I checked my camera yesterday. Bunch of does with fawns (some had spots still). One 4pt, and one HUGE raccoon.

I'll be out Fri/Sat/Sun.

Pat Curtis 10-04-2007 03:20 PM

Upper 80's this weekend?! Pssh....I'll be golfing. [>:] Average highs are nearly 20º below the expected high. At least this should give area farmers a good chance to get the rest of their beans out, and possibly start on the corn.

Pat Curtis 10-07-2007 06:46 AM

Thought about going out this morning, but WeatherBug said 65º @ 530am, thus I stayed home. My buddy went out yesterday morning, got dominated by mosquito's. I used to tough it out..and have killed several deer in these temps, but at 25 years of age, this guy has gotten wiser. This is only the beginning of the year, MUCH time left..not to mention my 2 weeks off starting November 5th. :D

After we get past the possible record highs today and tomorrow, the rest of the week looks much cooler.

bigbuckOO 10-07-2007 06:18 PM

The farmer out at the place i hunt took his corn down yesterday. Can not believe it, it's usually early November at the earliest before he gets it out. Got me a new bow this year so im anxious to start hunting. I'm working 2nd shift now so the weekends look like my only time to hunt, and im going to have to refuse the voluntary overtime every weekend in order to get that time free.

Primitive Weapon 10-07-2007 08:26 PM

Good News!!!! October is schedule to make her first appearance on Wednesday, October 10th. High temps in the mid to low 60's - upper 30's to mid 40's.