Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Shoot deer a 1/2 hour later in IL..... >

Shoot deer a 1/2 hour later in IL.....

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Shoot deer a 1/2 hour later in IL.....

Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shoot deer a 1/2 hour later in IL.....

New law signed into effect. I can't believe Blowgo would ever actually do ANYTHING that made sense to me. Now legal shooting hours for firearms is 1/2 hour after sunset, when deer movement is pretty high. The guy who introduced the legislation was trying to curb the growth of the herd and pointed out that the amout of light 1/2 hour past sunset wasn't really an issue.

http://www.ilgov/legislation/Bill...ionID=51&GA=95
Old 08-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shoot deer a 1/2 hour later in IL.....

Wow! Pa and Illinois both came to their senses on this for 2007!!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will enjoy the extra time I know I do. Just get a good lightgathering scope if applicable...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! Can't believe what I'm hearing!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:19 AM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

New law signed into effect. I can't believe Blowgo would ever actually do ANYTHING that made sense to me. Now legal shooting hours for firearms is 1/2 hour after sunset, when deer movement is pretty high. The guy who introduced the legislation was trying to curb the growth of the herd and pointed out that the amout of light 1/2 hour past sunset wasn't really an issue.

http://www.ilgov/legislation/Bill...ionID=51&GA=95
About bloody time. That was always a stupid rule. I take it it takes effect this year? I'd check but the site appears to be down.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm for anything that raises the number of deer killed in Illinois. Too damn many.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM

Since the other site isn't working I've been trying to run this down and confirm it (No offense Matt).

Found it under the bill number. It is effective immediately.
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=0320&GAID=9&GA=95&am p;DocTypeID=HB&LegID=27085&SessionID=51

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Wildlife Code. Extends the daily period for deer hunting to 1/2 hour after sunset (now at sunset). Effective immediately.

6/21/2007
House
Sent to the Governor

8/20/2007
House
Governor Approved

8/20/2007
House
Effective Date August 20, 2007

8/20/2007
House
Public Act . . . . . . . . . 95-0289
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Amazing. I've got a question after reading the bill that wolfhound76 linked for us. Here's what I read:

The deer hunting permit issued without fee shall be valid on all farm lands which the person to whom it is issued owns, leases or rents, except that in the case of a permit issued to a bona fide equity shareholder, bona fide equity member, or bona fide equity partner, the permit shall be valid on all lands owned by the corporation, limited liability company, or partnership in the county

My landowner permit is issued in Pope Co. However, we do own farms in Edwards and White. As I read this, I can hunt any of those properties. Am I correct? Has this always been the law?

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Shawnee,

If i was you I would call the local game warden or state folks to clarify things. Some folks in my family have used landowner tags, but never crossed county lines.

Where at in Edwards County do you farm? I own land just north of you in Richland County between Berryville and Claremont.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

In the general vacinity of Albion. I dont hunt much around there, because I live in Paducah, ky so I hunt mostly our farm in Pope Co. just because its close.

My brother hunts the Edwards Co. farms a lot. One is at Bone Gap the other at Samsville. He has killed some monsters in that area. He has a taxidermy business and takes in a bunch of monsters every year. I'm just amazed at how big and massive some of those cornfield bucks can get. But if this new law means what it sounds like, I'll at least hunt in Edwards Co over thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays when I'm home visiting the family.

Quick Reply: Shoot deer a 1/2 hour later in IL.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.