Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Cabela's in Illinois >

Cabela's in Illinois

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cabela's in Illinois

Old 07-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cabela's in Illinois

5 miles from my house. It's going to be like Heaven on Earth. Mark your calendars boys, September 21st!

HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill — Cabela’s®, known as the World’s Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, will open its newest destination retail store in Hoffman Estates, Ill., on Friday, September 21, 2007. The northwest metro Chicago store is Cabela’s first in Illinois and the company’s 20th retail location in the country.

Cabela’s stores are known as premier shopping and tourism destinations, drawing visitors from the local area and from hundreds of miles away. Up to four million people are expected to visit the Hoffman Estates store annually, making it one of the top tourist attractions in the state.

The 185,000-square-foot, large-format superstore is located 20 minutes from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport within the Prairie Stone Business Park at I-90 and Route 59. Prairie Stone, which also serves as the headquarters for Sears Holdings Corp., is a 780-acre, master-planned business park surrounded by a forest preserve that captures the beauty of the surrounding Midwestern landscape.

Extraordinary in design and showcasing thousands of products from its world-famous catalog, a customer’s average stay at a Cabela’s store is a remarkable 3 1/2 hours, with half of the visitors coming from outside of 100 miles.

"We are thrilled that Hoffman Estates will be Cabela’s first Illinois location," said Dennis Highby, Cabela’s president and chief executive officer. "We are excited to introduce a new shopping and entertainment experience to the many outdoor enthusiasts in the region."

The Hoffman Estates store will be built in Cabela’s trademark style that showcases the best of the outdoors in a spectacular indoor shopping experience. Cabela’s stores are known as top-notch educational and entertainment attractions. Equivalent to nearly three football fields in size, Cabela’s is much more than a retail store and will provide unique attractions for every member of the family including:

-- Hundreds of animals in extensive, museum-quality dioramas, including an
African scene, that re-create animals in action in their native
habitats;
-- Cabela’s hallmark two-story Conservation Mountain, complete with
running waterfalls and stream, a trout pond and wild game in their
distinctive habitats;
-- Huge 16,000-gallon, walk-through aquarium, stocked with freshwater
fish, including those native to Illinois.
-- Customers will be greeted outside Cabela’s by an original bronze
signature sculpture. The identity of the sculpture will be revealed at
a special unveiling on Thursday, September 20.
-- Other highlights include a restaurant, laser arcade, boat showroom and
maintenance shop, furniture department, gun library, general store, fly
fishing shop and gift shop.

Store manager Rodney Roadcap will hire up to 400 employees to carry on the company’s tradition of excellent customer service. Cabela’s employees, most of whom are expected to come from Hoffman Estates, Illinois and the surrounding area, are famous for living the outdoor lifestyle and having intimate knowledge of outdoor products. Product offerings will include hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife watching gear, as well as outdoor clothing and outdoors-styled gifts and furnishings.

Cabela’s Hoffman Estates store hours will be Monday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., and 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Sunday. The store address is 5225 Prairie Stone Parkway Hoffman Estates, Ill. 60192.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabela's in Illinois

Only bad thing is I leave for my Nevada mulie hunt on the 8th. Haha. I have about everything anyway. Just missing one thing, a muzzleloader for 2 hunts this year, which I just mail ordered from Cabela's yesterday.

I live in Roselle about 15 minutes away and can't wait for the opening at Hoffman Estates aswell. My boys live 15 minutes from the new store in Hammond, so I will have double the fun.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:32 PM

Oh yes boys you think this is a good thing now. Like me you will have a Cabelas store in your backyard. If you think you spend a lot of money on hunting stuff now, just wait till you can touch and feel all those things you dream about in the catalog. Yep I try to set a budget every time I go in there but it never ever seems to work lol. Just a week ago I went in for some new Lead Core trolling line about 12 bucks right? Wrong I walked out of the place with like $200 worth of stuff. I got home and I was like damn they did it again. Oh well have fun with the store guys it is great!!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:34 PM

This is going to get me in trouble. I live about twenty minutes from this location. Thebig downer is that they are opening this a week after I leave on my first Saskatchewan waterfowl hunt. I need a new layout blind.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

they are building one 10 minutes from me here in NJ, next to GIANTS STADIUM, should be ready fall 2008. Currently the nearest one to me is just under 2 hours away in PA
Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

They have one in East Grand Forks, Minn. I loved the place at first, I figured the novelty of it would ware off eventually. It's more of a tourist attraction than a hunting store. Its been like 5 years since they put that store up and the place is always packed with people. Its ok, they've got lots of stuff, but with so many people Its kinda of a pain. They sell these little pop gun things there. It is an annoying little toy gun that kids are constantly shooting off, If I worked there those things would make me go insane. I do most of my shopping in Fargo, they have a Gander mountain there. All the same stuff, with half the amount of tourists
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's another "hundred dolla store".

No matter how small of an item you go in for, or even "just to look" (HA!) you come out spending a hundred bucks.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang it!!!!! Why couldn't it be South of I-80. No offense to my fellow North EasternIllinois hunters but I hate driving up in that area.........might have to come up Rt 47 and slip in from the West. Be about a 3-3.5 hour trip for me, But well worth it. I've always wanted to go to a Cabelas. Birthday is Sept. 6th, maybe the wife would like to take me shopping????
Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

10 minutes from my door.....oh man I don't need this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a cabelas about a mile from my house. it just opened a little over a year ago.

The good thing is my 3 year old (actually, he just turned 4) can identify every fish in the fish tank. He has a bit of problems w/ the muskie/northern thing but he'll get there. He just blows people away when he yells 'Sturgeon!'.

Quick Reply: Cabela's in Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.