Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Non-Resident Lottery >

Illinois Non-Resident Lottery

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Non-Resident Lottery

Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Non-Resident Lottery

Has anybody not known of anubody not getting an Illinois Non-Resident Tagfor the past couple of years. I amtrying to gauge the whole permit lotteryresults. I think itis a little strange for Illinois DNR to charge your credit card at the time you apply for a permit and then not release the results of the lottery until almost two months after they charge your credit card. If youdo not get a pemit, you would get a refund back after they have held your money for nearly two months.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Spike

Default RE: Illinois Non-Resident Lottery

Here's what it has on the DNR website. Everyone that applied last year got archer tags.

4) If you have been denied your permit you will receive a refund within approximately four (4) weeks.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Spike

I was told the samething has happened this year. i Have not heard from the dnr yet, but this is what I was told.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Utah436,

Were you told that everybody that applied was getting a permit this year? Or it would take 4 weeks to get reimbursed if were not given a permit? I know the reason why they went to a "Lottery" instead of the first come policy they had a few years ago but it still sounds like a funny way of doing business
Old 07-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Spike

Midsouth,

I was told that they did not fill all of the tags again this year so there would be no lottery for the NR permits. Everyone that applied would receive a tag. I have been calling the DNR office for the past week but I keep getting a recording.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they haven't sold all the archery tags for NR, would they then sell whatever leftovers they have in the future?
Old 07-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Yea, I think the increase in the numbers of permits as well as the considerable price increases over the alst few years has dropped the number of applicants. A few years ago when it was a first come, first serve policy it was a little crazy trying ot get through on the phone and the tags were sold out in a day or two. Tags were about a hundred dollars less and permit availability were a few thousand less. At least back then you knew pretty quick if you had a permit so you could start making travel plans.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Spike

Last year they sold the extra tags on a first come first serve basis. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

when will they have the leftover NR archery tags for sale?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Spike

not sure about that but they haven't even officially announced that they havne't met the quota of 20,000 NR tags yet. They aren't suppose to do this until the end of July

Quick Reply: Illinois Non-Resident Lottery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.