Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Brown County Illinois >

Brown County Illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Brown County Illinois

Old 07-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Brown County Illinois

How is this county for deer hunting, for both archery & shotgun?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Brown County Illinois

I think this county is a sleeper! I have hunted a farm their for the last few seasons and I have about 100 acres that is just on the border (pike)
Hunting and deer are great. I don't know if you will see the same amount of deer in Brown but I think the quality of bucks is better or just as good as Pike. The same goes for Adams county.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just as good as pike in my opinion
Old 07-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

As mentioned above...SLEEPER!!! It's the first word that comes to mind when I think of Brown Co. It's also considered part of the "Golden Triangle" and wouldn't have that name if it wasn't impressive. We've got some ground on the Brown/Pike boarder and it really is a solid place. Lots of deer, crops, andfeweroutfitters. IMO the deer heard isn't as large as Southern Pike or Eastern Adams, but you will still see a lot of deer. In 2005 I hunted our 80 acre Brown Co. farm 8 times and saw 12 125+ class deer.Scott and Hancock Co. are also two areas around here that are really undervalued as well.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Certainly everybit as good, but nowhere near as commercialized, as Pike! You'll have some great hunting ops there.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 AM

Great deer hunting in Brown County. Is a very small county but has lots of nice bucks. I used to hunt some ground up there. Wish it would not have sold. They seem to produce a pretty good number of non-typicals also. You won't be disappointed with that county. As someone else said Adams,Brown & Pike are all really good.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I'll be out there for the shotgun season, I was hoping to bowhunt as well, but I forgot to apply for tags..next year I will
Old 07-17-2007, 09:40 PM

theres no deer in illinois lol

Old 07-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

well I'll be out there for the shotgun season, I was hoping to bowhunt as well, but I forgot to apply for tags..next year I will

We'll be there for both seasons near Siloam Springs State Park. Where are you hunting?

By the way, the last time it was published by the DNR, Brown County actually leads the state in bucks harvested per square mile. Pike is a close second.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I will apply and hopefully get the archery tags. I will be hunting on my friend's farms, in Mt. Sterling. Be leaving NJ on November 4th, maybe hunt the evening of the 5th, if not then on the 6th, then hunt the first 3 days of shotgun

Quick Reply: Brown County Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.