Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Black panthers in the hunting woods

ORIGINAL: renfrowridge

Here in Va the dnr has released 4 pairs of the big cats, They told use that this use to be there aria and they were bringing thm back
HAHA! Right..... thats a good one.....

ORIGNIAL: Chris H

We have a black panther on our property in Varnville, SC. I was on my four wheeler riding down the edge of one of our fields when he ran out about 75 yds in front of me. About a week later, my little cousin and my uncle were coyote hunting when they saw him lazily walking on the power line. There are also plenty (some killed) at the Weapons Station in Goose Creek, SC.
Geezz... I lived in Charleston for a long time, and hunted the Weapons Station myself. I know guys who have hunted there for nearly 15 years, but no one has ever mentioned that to me.... plenty of black pigs around... but nay a black cat. I'll ask some of the guys what they think about it.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Banned

Ihave a friend who will just say he saw a large, black animal, with a long tail, and it wasn't a dog or hog. He won't say that it was a black panther b/c he thinks people will think he is nuts.

I also have friend who claims to have killed one while deer hunting b/c he claimed it was stalking him. I'm 99.9999% postive that he is lying.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM

Got this off my trail cam!.......

.................................No not really.
Imaginations sure run WILD in june, aye?!?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:12 PM

yea , im not sure bout u guys, but i just meant i saw a large bodied cat. im not sure if it was a cougar, panther, black tiger (lol), a 150 pound house cat (lol) or if it was a hillbilly dressed as a large cat. but i know me and my girl were shocked, and just like that it was gone. if i wouldnt have had my benelli nova with me, we would have been extremely scared lol. just wanted to make it clear. i dont no difference between all these cats, i jus know i saw something and i didnt think they lived in WV, maybe it was bigfoots pet lol.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

well guys, here you finally have it.....he asked me if I could post this for him
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM

timbercruiser my wife and i were going to barbour county management area at midnight one night and about 3 miles from the camp we saw a black cat on the right side of hwy 49 at white oak way rd he was about7 ft long with tail and his head was big. we hunt up there a lot and that the only time i have seen one of any kind i see a lot of big cat track but i alway figured they we bob cats.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted all over south carolina and North carolina.Stationed at Camp Lejeune. I have heard or scene them in the mountains around ashville and at LX sparrow in Lejeune.I also have heard them in south carolina and had one growl at me in the swamps along the river in sumter county.Mountainers in NC call them PAINTERS.
I used a turkey call at night andstirred them up onthe mountain once
in NC , mountainers didnt care for that much
Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 PM

Well I know lots of the ol' folks who still call them painters around here. Lots of stories about them, i've only heard one reference to "black cats". most are mountain lions. I have found some cat tracks I've showed to TWRA officers here in East TN. I have also had a couple respectable people i know who have said they've watched them distantly from their stands. When I was younger we had a big scare up towards the Kentucky line about a big cat on the loose killing some animals. I don't know whatever happened to it but it was the talk of many people awhile. Now the other story of the black cat was involving one of my close friends who lives near the state line. He lives out in the sticks with only a few nearby houses. One day his parents went to the door after hearing someone yelling and trying to knock the door down. The person on the other side was a frightened neighbor who said he was out for a jog and spotted a large "black cat" in a pasture across the road(roughly 125 yards). His mom said she saw some large cat looking thing moving into the woods when she looked but said she wouldn't want to say for sure what it was.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: boss400

timbercruiser my wife and i were going to barbour county management area at midnight one night and about 3 miles from the camp we saw a black cat on the right side of hwy 49 at white oak way rd he was about7 ft long with tail and his head was big. we hunt up there a lot and that the only time i have seen one of any kind i see a lot of big cat track but i alway figured they we bob cats.
This was on the south boundary of the management area, just north or Gulledge's grocery. We had a couple of thousand acres that was contiguous with the management area on the south line. Over the years there were several seen in that area by a number of the club members.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like the pic!! the owl said it best!!! LMAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.