Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota Bowhunters >

Minnesota Bowhunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota Bowhunters

Old 06-20-2007, 09:46 AM

Default RE: Minnesota Bowhunters

I'll hunt anywhere I can! Mainly Dodge, Olmsted, and Crow Wing counties.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: jmjuergensen

Hey everyone. I'm just curious who in the forum is from Minnesota? I'm new to bowhunting, but have rifle hunted in Northern MN for the last 10 years. I'm just curious where everyone hunts in MN? We own some land near Leech Lake, but Icurrently live in the Twin Cities. I was just curious what kind of public land is out there in the metro area for the weekends when I can't make it upNorth, or where I could find out where the public area is. Also, any other tips/advice you'd be willing to give based on your experiences would be much appreciated. If you'd rather send me a PM with some other info, that'd be cool as well, whichever you prefer. I'd be really cool to get to know some of the MN guys (and others in the forum as well) and share experiences with each other.

I know there are quite a few MN guys (and gals I'm sure) who have a ton of knowledge, and as a newbie, I'm just trying to soak up as much as I can.

Thanks in advance!
Hey there homeslice. Use the first link below to find out what public hunting areas closer to you might interest you. The second link is to the Sherburn National Wildlife Refuge, which is a 30 minute drive north west of the metro. I often hunt the Refuge and state land around it. There are little to now bow hunters that hunt these areas, but the area, especially the wildlife area is filled with big deer, you just have to work a little to get to where they be.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/tips/locations.html

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/sherburne/
Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Hunt mostly Pine County, but the in-laws have land by Hibbing and a cabin SE corner of Leech.

Looking to try some bowhunting at Leech this fall if the ducks aren't flying, is there any way a guy can do both at the same time?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

hunt Ottertail county here.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 PM

hunt in chippewa county
Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted the sherburne county wildlife refuge for the last 17 years. I also hunt some private land adjacent to the refuge and I recently bought 40 acres in Kanabec county. The refuge has some nice bucks but I've never had an archery kill out there. I hunt the refuge as much as anywhere else but all 11 of my archery kills came elsewhere.

oh, you have to stay off the refuge until september 1st.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frosty1

Hunt mostly Pine County, but the in-laws have land by Hibbing and a cabin SE corner of Leech.

Looking to try some bowhunting at Leech this fall if the ducks aren't flying, is there any way a guy can do both at the same time?
Yep, but you really have to lead them ducks with that arrow.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:27 PM

carlton or anywhere eles i can
i think you can hunt some city parks in the metro with a special permit but im not for sure
Old 07-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Spike

I bowhunt near Forest Lake and Cambridge and rifle hunt north of Cloquet about 20 miles.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Hey..........I'm in SW MN near Marshall!

Quick Reply: Minnesota Bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.