Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Fishing... >

Wisconsin Fishing...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Fishing...

Old 05-07-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Wisconsin Fishing...

I've looked in the fishing section of the forum and apparently no one here fequents that part of the boards[>:], so, anyone here been doing any fishin? If so, tell us where and how you been doing.

I've get out every friday evening when I get back home from school. Haven't caught much yet. A couple walleyes and bass here and there. The WI River still seems a little high in/around Portage. I haven't made it out to my honey hole yet but an aiming to visit it this weekend hopefully.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Fishing...

Not sure what section of you the board you looked at but you will find many posts per day in the freshwater fishing board.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 AM

But no one from WI apparently visits that area of the boards, I've already asked.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:05 AM

I live/hunt/fish WI. Early, and when out working on the hunting land,I like to go to the Alma float. Coming next week up to Vilas Co. Buckatabon, Twin, and a walk-in lake that we found last year that has the biggest crappies around. Can limit out in a n hour or 2. Gonna get there early with alot of Ultra-Thon spray on cuz the ticks were horrendous last year and will be worse this year. Also found a couple Morels.
Around home I fish Golden lake, occasionally Pewaukee and a few others around the SE WI area. The state has so many lakes to choose from. It's great.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually do most of my fishing in Kenosha County on the smaller lakes. I do try to make my way over to Kenosha Harbor and the Root river a few times a year though.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

I usually do most of my fishing in Kenosha County on the smaller lakes. I do try to make my way over to Kenosha Harbor and the Root river a few times a year though.
Where at in Kenosha County. I go to school at Carthage and live in Racine during the school year. I haven't fished the root river for a long time, where at on the Root do you fish at? Do you fish the Salmon-A-Rama Tournament at all?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Caught about 16 smallmouth bass last weekend. 3 were over 17 inches. Catching them on those plastic Zoom minnows in a pearl white color. But mostly been bowfishing with good results too.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

Caught about 16 smallmouth bass last weekend. 3 were over 17 inches. Catching them on those plastic Zoom minnows in a pearl white color. But mostly been bowfishing with good results too.
Those are some good size smallies, where at in WI are you from/fishing at? I would really like to pick up bowfishing. That seems like a great time!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Bartender

Ive been doing good on camp lake it has really turned on.
ORIGINAL: JFergus7

Old 05-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any set places on the Root that I fish. I usually try to start at the golf course and move around from there. I do most of my fishing on the smaller lakes like Shangri-La, & Hooker but willing to fishing all over.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Fishing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.