Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Hunting Nutrients anyone? >

Hunting Nutrients anyone?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hunting Nutrients anyone?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Hunting Nutrients anyone?

Just curious if anybody out there uses nutritional bars (protein, focus drinks, energy drinks) while hunting? To help stay strong or give you an edge while hunting? Feedback is great!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 AM

Default RE: Hunting Nutrients anyone?

I don't. Most of those so called "health and energy bars/drinks" are no better than soda and loaded with sugar and crap.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bring theprotein bars to the field with me. I like them because , as anyone who ever eats them knows, you have to chew & chew & chew & chew & chew & chew & chew &chew & chew & chew..................

It's almost likegum. It kakes those little snacks/meals in the stand last a long time.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:21 AM

I'll bring a healthy lunch to the stand or blind, but not any of that powerbar/energybar crap. I'll take a peanut butter and banana sandwich over one of those nasty tasting bars anyday!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

I'll bring a healthy lunch to the stand or blind, but not any of that powerbar/energybar crap. I'll take a peanut butter and banana sandwich over one of those nasty tasting bars anyday!
Same here!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 AM

I remeber I a teammate eat four of them before a hockey game, thinking that he'd have this unlimited amount of energy. He had to leave after like five minutes of skating to go #2 then puke it back up. Since then I stayed away form those things.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 PM

You should puke if you were dumb enough to eat 4 power bars at once!

I have been in the bike industry for 20 years & raced both off & on road.
These supplements are needed for these types of activities, if you are walking all day it's no different. You need to "carbo" load for 72 hours prior to your activity. Pasta, rice, breads, pancakes,and othernormal foods.

During your hunt a home made lunch is OK, butCliff Bars, Cliff shot plus Gator-aide are in my Camel-back. There are several brands but try a Cliff Bar sometime,Chocolate Brownie. Everyones body is different & some work/some don't...
They are not just sugar & crap, check out any pro cyclist's diet. You don't need 10,000 calories per day but 5000 won't get you fat if you are active all day. Think about it during the turkey season get up by 3 am & trying to sleep some nights knowing you got one roosted!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:23 AM

Wow, great feedback...I do use a few supplements myself, they are mostly all organic though and very healthy for you. I'm what you could call an outdoor inthusiest (sp?) Anything that has to do with the outdoors, I do it! I love big game, small game hunting (archery!), biking, hiking, camping, all the wonderful outdoor things there are in this land! The only Nutrients/Supplements that have worked for me though and trust me Iv tried all of them, is a line called Wilderness Athlete. You guys need to check this out! These are way better than anything loaded with sugar and they have an energy drink that is like gatorade on steroids times 2! Im not kidding either. The best part is, I got a brochure from them and they have the science to prove they are better than all the other nutritional products out there. Im just going to say that if you love the outdoors as much as me you should check out the WA product, I know first hand thast they work by the results im getting! they do have a website i believe, i think its www.wildernessathlete.org

Just curious? has anybody else out there tryed this product?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:12 PM

Great Arcticle:
http://www.hunting.net/fieldjournal/...l.aspx?nID=566