Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Morels? IL

Old 03-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Spike

Default Morels? IL

Has anbody been out yet and had any luck? I figured with this nice weather at night and the rainshowers last week that some morels might be popping up.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Morels? IL

I think it's about 3 weeks or more too early for morels..usually end of april for them.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Jochs,

I'm going to Richland County this weekend. Given the recent wet, warm weather, I wouldn't be surprised if a few started popping up within the next week. I'm gonna at least take a quick look over the weekend.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a morel freak and generally we need rain and a week of warm days and NIGHTS, which we have had! At night if it stays above 45 degrees for a week straight there might be a shot and from what I can tell this weekend might be a good time to look around! You might find a few but nothing major......
Old 03-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in S. IL. Went out last weekend, and while it "looked right", didn't see any. More rain expected, and a bit of a cool down, but I EXPECT to find some within a week.

I know a few have already been found even further south than me. Jackson Co. I believe.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been out twice this week and it is very very close to getting going. A man from my hometown in Montgomery county found a few small blacks today. There is plenty of moisture in the woods I have looked in, just need the soil to warm up a touch more. Rain on the way tonight and a few more days of mid 70's should bring em on. I plan on heading out on Friday and I think I'll finally have some luck. Unfortunately, it is supposed to cool down over the weekend. Hopefully it will warm back up next week or things might be really screwed up.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Spike

Thats good to know that some morels are starting to be found. I'm gonna go out this weekend and give it a shot. Lanse couch couche, I'll be heading back to Jasper county. I'll let you know if I have any luck. Good luck to everyone who is going out.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

I just read on some other forums that guys in Southern IL and Kansas are finding a lot of morels. May find a little time this weekend to look around here in Central IL.

Good luck!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

We live in Southern Illinois, went out today, and found a little over a pound. They were all in one patch and between 2"-6" tall. If the warm weather keeps up and we can keep on getting rain to go with it, the next two weeks should be great. Good luck to all of you.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

weather in my area is suppose to be nice until Wed. The high 43,overnight low in the mid twenties.

Quick Reply: Morels? IL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.