Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 THE LAZY PEOPLE    ( OUTFITTERS ) >

THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Old 03-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

I'm with farmboy125, pay your way or get out of the way.....simple
Old 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

I think that most farmers who lease their land to outfitters, must not have any idea what kind of money that outfitter is charging people to hunt. They lease their land for $10-15. an acre, and the outfitter is charging out of staters $1500.00 plus to hunt there for a week. If the farmers knew they could make that kind of money, I don't think there would be too many outfitters in business. But that does bring up an interesting thought, along with our website, I think I will order flyers from these outfitters and send them,along with their price list to the farmers whose land they are leasing, since I am not lazy,and would love to work on cutting their lease ground out!
AMEN TO THAT
IF THESE FARMERS WERE ALL AWARE OF THE MONEY THAT THEY CHARGE THEN THAT WOULD BE THE END OF THE LEASES ROUND HERE..
Old 03-17-2007, 04:34 PM

I'll tell you what the crux of the problem is:
*it's not the landowners, if they want to pave over 2000 acres in concrete, so be it. Don't necessarily think that's right, but it IS their land.
*not the guides fault, they're providing service in where there is definite demand.
It is the completely the fault of individuals STUPID enough to shell out thousands of dollars to hunt deer for a couple of days. Apparently, egos and the lust for big horns gets in the way of rational thinking. Most of them don't want to truly hunt,that takes work. They just want to kill and that bothers me. This sport is quickly becoming accessible only to the privileged few.[&o]
Old 03-17-2007, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I can understand your frustration with the situation, but, calling outfitters lazy is pretty moronic. If you actually understood how much time, effort, and money went into being an outfitter, you'd change your tune. Then again, ignorance is bliss.
I repeat..........................
Old 03-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Landowners selling hunts on their own land is one thing. It's their land, they pay the taxes, they can do what they want. Making thousands of dollars off of that landowner, not paying taxes on the land, and keeping local hunters and their kids from enjoying a weekend in the woods, I do have a problem with. Thanks to furpoacher, I am going to make ( putting outfitters out of business ) my new hobby. It's every hunter, fisherman, and outdoors enthusiast business, and their responsibility as a conservationist. According to ODNR, there are way too many does in Ohio. Outfitters are not going to harvest does. Their clients are there for antlers, period! And no one else will be harvesting does on leased land because they can't hunt it. I think it's every outdoor person's responsibility to educate farmers and landowners who are leasing their land to outfitters. I think they would like to know what is being done on their land, the outfitter sure isn't going to be honest with them!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

It is the completely the fault of individuals STUPID enough to shell out thousands of dollars to hunt deer for a couple of days.
The most accurate reply I have read. Though I personally do not like leasing I do not place any blame on landowners, its their land and if they can make extra money by doing so then good for them. Really can't blame the outfitters either, if their wasn't a demand there would be no outfitters so..........place the blame on hunters willing to pay.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what your saying is that you cant pay the rates of an outfitter,and cant find a lease of your own.So youre going to badmouth the outfitters and hope to get a lease that way.On top of that, now you are crying that they wont shoot does.If they did shoot does,Youd be crying about that.Its been a long winter for all of us.I just hope you sober up before you talk to any real people.Find a piece ofpublic land and scout it well.You wont know the differance.Except,no tractor to go pick up the deer.LOL
ORIGINAL: excalibur43

Landowners selling hunts on their own land is one thing. It's their land, they pay the taxes, they can do what they want. Making thousands of dollars off of that landowner, not paying taxes on the land, and keeping local hunters and their kids from enjoying a weekend in the woods, I do have a problem with. Thanks to furpoacher, I am going to make ( putting outfitters out of business ) my new hobby. It's every hunter, fisherman, and outdoors enthusiast business, and their responsibility as a conservationist. According to ODNR, there are way too many does in Ohio. Outfitters are not going to harvest does. Their clients are there for antlers, period! And no one else will be harvesting does on leased land because they can't hunt it. I think it's every outdoor person's responsibility to educate farmers and landowners who are leasing their land to outfitters. I think they would like to know what is being done on their land, the outfitter sure isn't going to be honest with them!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

To the contrary, I have approx. 400 acres to call my own and don't need an outfitter. However, I do know a few outfitters in my area. I see them in the late summer, filming deer in myneighbors alphalfa field ( which they do not have permission to hunt ), and putting the footage on their advertisement as if the bucks were filmed on their lease. I am sure this goes on everywhere. This seems to have really hit a nerve with you Furpoacher. You must be an outfitter as well, so you know what I am talking about. Trying to leach on to someone who CAN afford to BUY their own land, and suck the potential profits from their gains, without having to be responsible for the taxes or upkeep of the land yourself, instead of getting a real job and buying their own land. That's why they LEASE, they can't afford to BUY!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only ones i outfit are my 2 sons.Ive got more time than they do so i spend alot of time in the woods.However i do have some nosey neighbors and it does strike a nerve when i see the same.
What do you care what the next farmer does with his land,if hes happy with it,who are you to tell him hes not.So honestly, i could care less what you do with your time.Kinda typical.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 AM

It’s funny to see all of you complaining about outfitters. All they are doing is providing a service. You say its wrong since they don’t pay taxes on the land. But guess what dumb @#%$’s they have to pay income taxes on all of there profits. Do you get mad at the farmers who lease fields to plant their crops? They don’t pay taxes on the land. I think most of you are just jealous. You say you can’t buy land around where you live because you don’t make enough. Well then get a better job or move, but you still won’t make jack, because most of you can’t even spell correctly. But you also suggest that the farmer should sell hunts to cut out the outfitter. Well most of you probably don’t even know a farmer and if you do, you would know they don’t have much time to do anything than lease land. All the farmers I know barely have time to even hunt let alone hang stands for others. Outfitters manage the land; most farmers just don’t have the time. Every body needs to quit complaining about out of state hunters. They have to pay outrageous tag prices witch go directly in to your DNR fund not their state. And for most of you learn to spell you just make your self look ignorant. Oh and for those of you that don’t know what ignorant means; lacking of knowledge, unlearned

Quick Reply: THE LAZY PEOPLE ( OUTFITTERS )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.