Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Shed Hunt...Pike County Illinois >

Shed Hunt...Pike County Illinois

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Shed Hunt...Pike County Illinois

Old 02-20-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Shed Hunt...Pike County Illinois

I am going on a shed hunt in Pike County Illinois the weekend of March 9, 10, and 11. The cost is only $50 per person, which covers your stay at their brand new lodge. You have to provide your own food. You also get to keep all the sheds that you find. I talked to this guy at the Indiana Deer and Turkey Expo and he said this is the first time they are doing this. It gives you a chance to check out the ground and maybe book a deer hunt for later in the fall. If you are interested or have any questions let me know and I will get the contact information for you. The website for the place is walnutknob.com
Old 02-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shed Hunt...Pike County Illinois

have fun. i have been there once just to see the place and it isnt bad. nice guys running it.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:07 PM

Cool. sounds like a good deal. Always wanted to go check that place(Pike County) out, but never have. should be a great time! Have fun and the best of luck to ya.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 PM

It is a sad time for hunting when now you have to pay to go and look for shed antlers. Really tells you what the sporet of hunting has come to. I wonder if my kids will really see the day that only those with deep pockets get to hunt
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 PM

I am a hardcore shed hunter and the only time I would pay to shed hunt is if I went to sask.Thats like the holy grail for people like me.I would have to agree withjadepe it does look like it wont be long before only people that are well off and can afford lease's and such will be hunting.We will be the 1's making them the cash to go and hunt.Geez I need to hit the lottery.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:12 AM

I am not paying to go on the shed hunt. I am paying for two nights of lodging. The shed hunt is free. I don't think you can go too many places and find a hotel or lodge for $25 a night. I will be the first to tell you my pockets are not deep at all. This will just be a good time for me, my wife, and our 1 year old son to go out to a new area and look for sheds. I am just scouting out the property to see if it would be worth booking a hunt in the future and to refer people there. The sport of hunting is only what you make it. I bet you guys don't go out there with only stick and string or an old flintlock. Now that was hunting. No GPS, no two way radios, no scent elimination clothing, etc, etc. I see nothing wrong with getting away for a weekend and only paying $50 to do so. I lease no ground nor do I have any private land close to me that I can hunt. It is all public land and I am out there with all the other guys trying my hardest to put some meat in the freezer.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

When the Governor of Illinois decided he wants to start heavily taxing landowner's timber because they use it for recreation, then there isn't much of a choice but to charge for ever type of hunt. Don't like paying high prices to hunt? Don't vote for Gov. Blowjobabitch...I don't think it's right the government will force some landowners to sell their recreation land becauseof high taxes on land that produceshardlyany incomeif any at all! I agree though, our kids are never gonna see the day when a hand shake on hunting rights is how business is conducted.