Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Grey Wolf >

Wisconsin Grey Wolf

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Grey Wolf

Old 02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Wisconsin Grey Wolf

It was released this morning that the Grey Wolf is no longer a protected species in Wi. Therefore making it legal to shoot or trap a Grey Wolf ifthe wolf is preying on livestock, pets, doing damage to property,or your saftety is at jeapordy. Please check the WDNR website for more details.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Grey Wolf

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Flippin Sweet! Not much longer then before they start a season hopefully!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

From what I understand(at least in MN), the soonest hunting seasons "might" take place is around the 5 yr mark. Not soon enough IMO, but at least management of the wolf will soon be in state's hands and not the Feds.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 PM

I agree, the wolf pop is bigger than what many think. It will need to managed sooner than 5 yrs, here in WI or in MN
Old 02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent! I had recently gotten the latestWisconsin Outdoor News and the front headline was, "Feds move to delist Midwestern wolves". Wow, did that make my day. I have only seen one wolf up in Price County on the way deer hunting. I know plenty of people that have seen them much closer to them. They said it wasthe mostuncomfortable feeling they have felt, and since most of them were bowhunting they felt like a sitting duck on opening morningon public land. I had also read that a couple of horses got attacked in Suring in Oconto County by wolves. There population is bigger than most people think and I think a lot of people will be pleased with this news, but I'm sure there be a fewanti's that feel the wolf is a beautiful creature of the woods thathas theright to live. I can only hope that one of those treehuggers comes across awolf in the wild and has a good ol' stare down with one. I can guarantee that they will come out with heavier pants than what they came in with, then we'll see how they feel about wolves. Sorry but I just cant stand people that think wolves aren't a problem and theres not a need to thin them out. All I can say to them is look at the problems they cause and just think about why the DNR is doing this.