Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 FAVRE IS COMING BACK FOR BEAR SEASON >

FAVRE IS COMING BACK FOR BEAR SEASON

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

FAVRE IS COMING BACK FOR BEAR SEASON

Old 02-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: FAVRE IS COMING BACK FOR BEAR SEASON

If folks recall, there was a thread after the 2005 season regarding Favre and the 2006 season. Lot's of folks thought it would be idiotic for him to play another year. Well, he did and his stats, while not great, still put him above a lot of other Q-backs. The guy can still play.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: petrey10

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAVRE IS MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!! THE BEST EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now we just got to get him another receiver, running back, and some better Cornerbacks and we got a great playoff team!!!
Ummmm...Tom Brady....

Sorry had to, just surfin the midwest dreaming I didn't live in MA.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: brownie65

are a long way from being a playoff team.
Yeah real far because they would have been in the playoffs if the Giants would have lost the last game

Indianahick- Dan Marino is the only guy in that list that has any records over Favre and that will only be till next year when Favre should break them. I don't see any of those guys starting every game of their career. Favre has not been blessed with great receivers like Peyton Manning and Marino which is why I consider Favre the best ever. He does whatever he can for the team and sometimes it doesn't work out and he throws an interception. He is still the best thing the Packers got and I do not want to see the organization without him. I believe if the Packers were to get a Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison they would easily be a playoff team.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 AM

brett favre= the best

3 nfl mvp's, about to beat the career touchdown mark, currently has the longest start streak of any active nfl player, hes got the ring. Not short of credentials there.

put favre against brady at both of their primes, favre wins out easily. back in the 90's favre was the clutch master.It seemed all their games were won in the last minute.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: brownie65

I am a huge Favre fan. He used to be one of the best. Key is used to be. I am glad he is coming back, I like watching him play. Do I think he should come back, probably not. The Pack has a lot of holes & are a long way from being a playoff team. I have always liked his gunslinger ways & attitude. Guy was a great QB. Like I said I will enjoy watching him for another year( maybe this will help Rodgers with another year training) but in reality he probaly should have hung it up. But then again only one person can make that decision,him. He still has his love for the game & the desire to keep on doing it. I will be pulling for him & would love to see them make the playoffs next year.
I would have to disagree with your statements here. Favre has no reason to hang it up. He played with a very young team this year, an O-Line with 3 first year starters, adding a new zone-blocking scheme which makes all the linemenessentially first year starters. Next to Donald Driver and Sterling Sharpe Farve has made recievers like Bill Shroeder look like all pro's. That was Ron Wolf's one regret, not surrounding Favre with talent at WR, had he done so I think Favre's numbers might have been even more impressive that what they already are.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:22 PM

As I said I am a Favre fan. Anyone that thinks he is still a top QB in the league is dreaming. Yes I will enjoy watching him play next year just asI would have loved to have seen Mark McGwire come back for another year with the Cardinals. Do I think he is going to come back & lead the Pack to a Super Bowl, no, you have to be realistic. I love his desire,passion for the game. Wish more athletes had thatfire instead of just playing for the money. Yes the Packers are a ways from being a playoff team. If you are going to compare them to the Giants(if the Giants lost,Pack was in) that is not saying much. When you could be a .500 team or sub .500 team & have a chance at the playoffs this year I still say you have a long way to go to be a legit playoff team. The Giants did real good in the playoffs didn't they!!!!!!!!!! As I said it is one mans decision. As long as he still has the passion,desire,health & the will to play, I am all for him coming back. I do not expect him to stink it up. He will be solid. will make some great plays & throw some interceptions that he shouldn't. Thathas been him his entire career. Just don't expect miracles.Could they make the playoffs,yes, look how bad teams could be this year & make it, so yes it is possible. Do I think they will make the playoffs,no. But I hope ifMr. Favre really wants to come back that he has a solid year & breaks any records that are within his reach.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:58 AM

You can not really say that Favre has not had some really quality receivers. But only for a short time, that is Packers management's fault. They did not want to or would not pay them to stay. As for Manning with Wayne and Harrison, management's willingness to pay and keep them speaks for itself. When Favre and the pack were in the SB I yelled for them just like the Colts this year. While I am mainly a Colts fan I do like the Pack and Favre, That is why I hope he is able to go out with a winning record his final year. Favre has been an iron man and I am sure has played with pain where some (alot) others would not have played. Favre has a clear path to the Hall and deserves it.
Sometimes you have to wonder what types of numbers would Johnny U have put up with the receivers that are playing now and the longer schedules.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

Indianahick, did you honestly post Warren Moon's name in a list of the greats. I will agree that Favre may not be the best but he is right up there. Heck Bart Star doesn't even belong on that list.

I will not argue the fact of Favre being the best, his numbers are not the best, example interception/td, but don't insult the guy by adding the likes of Warren Moon. Ellway , Marino , Unitas I can see.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

He WAS great, now he needs to get out with what's left of his dignity
Old 02-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Indianahick

You can not really say that Favre has not had some really quality receivers. But only for a short time, that is Packers management's fault. They did not want to or would not pay them to stay. As for Manning with Wayne and Harrison, management's willingness to pay and keep them speaks for itself. When Favre and the pack were in the SB I yelled for them just like the Colts this year. While I am mainly a Colts fan I do like the Pack and Favre, That is why I hope he is able to go out with a winning record his final year. Favre has been an iron man and I am sure has played with pain where some (alot) others would not have played. Favre has a clear path to the Hall and deserves it.
Sometimes you have to wonder what types of numbers would Johnny U have put up with the receivers that are playing now and the longer schedules.
management has nothing to do with Brett and his stats...I don't see how anyone could count that against him. Favre has made his receivers good. When they left they were 2nd receivers at best.

Quick Reply: FAVRE IS COMING BACK FOR BEAR SEASON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.