Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
mccd land in Mchenry IL >

mccd land in Mchenry IL

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

mccd land in Mchenry IL

Old 12-01-2002, 02:43 PM
smh

Default mccd land in Mchenry IL

Has anyone been hunting any of the mccd land in Mchenry co IL.I was wondering how it has been going. Anybody have any info?
Old 12-01-2002, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: mccd land in Mchenry IL

I know a couple guys that are hunting there. I will give them a call and see how things have been going. Last they told me the places where loaded with deer and i know one guy took a doe right away. I will see how they have been doing and post back.

"Im not a guide, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently"
Old 12-02-2002, 06:00 AM

Default RE: mccd land in Mchenry IL

Don,

I'm curious as well about this season's harvest records from the public lands they opened up to the bowhunters. I remember talking to you briefly about the new program when I met you last spring at the NBEF bowhunter safety class. Did you participate in the MCCD lottery? I was interested but the $200 per month price tag for non-county residents gave me second thoughts. Is there a person to talk to at the MCCD to find out more about the program, harvest records, and overall success rate?

As a side thought, I think the MCCD's approach to deer density control is much more realistic and "forward thinking" then say Highland Park's approach of spending $160,000 on an ambulance to perform tubal ligations on already pregnant does.
Does anyone know if they are still doing this? If the MCCD approach is truly successful as a safe management tool, I would hope Lake County would consider a similiar approach with all the public land they own?