Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Michigan Hunters >

Michigan Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Michigan Hunters

Old 01-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Michigan Hunters

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

ORIGINAL: Bob S

I live in Saginaw and hunt on 42 acres that I own in eastern Missaukee county near Moorestown. 47 year old single male.
Isn't Moorestown off of US 10 close to Lake City ?
Moorestown is north of M-55 and west of US-127. It is about 15 miles northeast of Lake City.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:26 PM

Hey - I went to Ferris...

It has changed so much since I went there - the whole area by 131 was totally undeveloped. We used to go fishing on the Muskegon river all the time for steelhead and walleye. And then all the state land nearby for hunting - we used to live year round on venison. Ahh those were the times.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tgilson....we are cut from the same mold it sound like!!! Ferris, the Big MO, Deer, (you forgot the beers and shooters and lets go on and on and on oh yeah the PM in the fall....)
Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 AM

Carpmaster....I have many stories of the beers and shooters at FSU. You still in the area? I did a 6 yr stint in AK and moved back to MI - unfortunately I am in SE Michigan now - it is a 2-3 hour drive for me to get where the fishin is good. The hunting isn't bad IF you have private land or know someone with it... I let my lease go on 40 acres I hunted - so I've been limited to public land the past couple years...
Old 01-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I work in Muskegon and Live in Spring Lake so my old spots are still very accessable and have found many new spots! I dont think I could live anywhere else....
Old 01-22-2007, 01:51 PM

Small world - my father lives in Spring Lake (has since 1965). I grew up in Grand Rapids with my mom and sisters, but we spent many weekends and summers in Spring Lake and Grand Haven visiting my dad and bumming around. There are some beautiful sites near the beach - not to mention the Grand River and its bayous offer great fishing.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

I am a 25 year old female hunter in Dewitt MI. Which is Clinton County just north of Lansing
Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the group melsheba , hope to hear alot from you in the future.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: BullRider115
Just curious... Is Carl's Knotty Pine Bar still there and Cott's General store?
I use to be in the Knotty Pine daily while my Grandpa played cribbage against this old guy named Zip.... You ever heard of the DeBackers?? Largest tater farmers in those parts. The memories, the memories....
Others have responded but I'll throw in my 2 cents

It's now Gary's Knotty Pine (since 2004) and it's going strong. They still offer up the free Thanksgiving dinner every year - great place for fish fry or burger and beer.

It's LaPalme's store now; they're a check station during bear season. That place may be up for sale

I'm familiar with DeBackers and VanDammes potato farms as their kids went to Gwinn schools. Them tater fed deer grow big!

Old 01-23-2007, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

YooperKenny, I have a cabin on the west side ofDelta County in Rock/Cornell by the Boney Falls dam. Ever been around there?
I find my way over there now and then. I had an antlerless permitfor Delta County and took a fat healthy doe with my muzzleloader there in December.

I generally head north to the Copper Country, but my success down your way has me reconsidering......

Quick Reply: Michigan Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.