Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Hunters

Old 01-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default IL Hunters

Ok guys and gals, I'm going out this weekend for the last bow hunt. Any suggestions, thoughts on a very late season pattern? I don't remember ever getting out this late in the season in previous years. Early AM, late PM, mid day, all day?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IL Hunters

#1 - Keep the faith. The biggest buck of 2006 taken at he public property I hunt in IL was bowshot January 12th.

#2 - Spend some time shed hunting on your way out. Many have found em already.

I will also be bowhunting a day or two if the weather get's right.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Bartender

Good Luck, I myself will be out nice and early tomorrow. I think this is a mustfor late season.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. Looks like the weather will cooperate this weekend as well. Good luck to you.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

I'm going out early and staying there all day. This is the last outing of the year!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:12 AM

I'm going this weekend also. This past week I have seen some shooters out in the fields. I've seen them right at first light, but mainly In the afternoon right before dark. Makes me think that they are staging/bedding in the woods pretty close to the fields. Be extremely quiet going to your stand.

good luck!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: RiverBottomBowHunter

I'm going this weekend also. This past week I have seen some shooters out in the fields. I've seen them right at first light, but mainly In the afternoon right before dark. Makes me think that they are staging/bedding in the woods pretty close to the fields. Be extremely quiet going to your stand.

good luck!
Id say you are 100% correct. specially with the moon where it is this weekend. Don't leave your stand early by any means.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

If you happen to shoot a buck be careful with the antlers. You may pull one off in your hand.....
Old 01-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Bartender

Well I should of followed my own advise on this one. I woke up at 2 to go to the bathroom and ended up waking up late this morning. On the way to stand I looked out in front of me and thought to myself I best move to the right because I can see clear across the field/brush area. No sooner then I walk to the left so I am not in sight I see a deer run off. (07:00 am) I stay in the stand until 10ish and decide to get down and put my CAM out and walk over to our ladder stands near where the deer took off. No sooner I get within about 40 yards of the ladder stands 3 deer which 1 was a nice buck jump up and take off. Usually this time of year we dont see much because areas were drivin during gun season. Well I find out on the way out that nobody drove the woods just the ones around us. PFFFT now I know why those deer were there. So I made 2 mistakes, not on stand early enough and another I assumed it was driven while I was up north durning gun season. It didnt help that uncle told me someone got a nice 8 point back there but it turned out it wasnt on the land I hunted like he said orignially. I will follow my motto on this one.
ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Good Luck, I myself will be out nice and early tomorrow. I think this is a mustfor late season.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 AM

LATE SEASON IS A GREAT TIME TO HUNT THE FOOD SOURCES NEAR THE BEDDING AREAS.YOU MUST BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS NOT TO JUMP DEER ON THE WAY IN THEY WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO FEEDING AND BEDDING AREAS. THIS TIME OF YEAR PLAY THE WIND DONT BLOW THE HUNT ON A HUNCH....TRY TO LOCATE A SMALL TRANSITION AREA AND SET UP THERE TRY NOT TO ENTER INTO THE BEDDING AREAS ANY SIGN OF HUMAN PRESENCE AND ITS OVER..........PERSISTANCE WILL PAY OFF.........

Quick Reply: IL Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.