Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MO Hunters

Old 11-28-2006, 08:59 PM

Default MO Hunters

This is my 1st year hunting in MO and I am thankful to have my own land to hunt. Pre rut and rut I saw lots of deer, and have taken a 7 pont and a doe. However, since the end of rifle season I have not seen a single deer and I hunt almost everyday. I go to the same stands I used to see deer at and nothing. Is this normal post rut activity here? Is there also a 2nd rut early dec? I was thinking that the warm weather might have something to do with it also.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MO Hunters

Yep, welcome to the high pressure of hunting in MO. It's that way at my place, and also at friends places. Deer get pressured during the season hard, then they go nocturnal. I saw 3 last night at last light, I couldn't make out ifthey had head gear or not, so I let them go and walked out. I have already filled my buck tag, so am only hunting does.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

I know what you mean about those diappearing deer. Happens to us all the time right after gun, (rifle), season.
To me it seems all the different seasons are way to close. Muzzle loader is to close to the rifle season and then you have the antlerless season.The antlerless second season use to be in January. The conservation Department is trying to please all the people all the time and everyone knows that's impossible.
Hope ypou have better luck.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weather is starting to cool down they should be moving again!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 AM

Yeah, got some snow this morning already. Should be getting some more today. This will be my fist time hunting in the snow, any tips?