Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Trempealeau County Bucks >

Trempealeau County Bucks

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Trempealeau County Bucks

Old 11-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trempealeau County Bucks

Thanks wibowhntr. Both of these deer were in fact taken this year. They were taken on the far west side of the county, almost in Buffalo county. In fact we probably had four inches left on the property on opening day.

Wis Bow Hunter: Maybe you should get out in the woods before you accuse me of not shooting these opening weekend.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

I hunt just south of Arcadia. Snow coverage depended on where you were in the county and how much shade you had. We had almost no snow left, but when I ventured north on "tour", I noticed more snow.

Either way, nice bucks!

BTW, did anyone else get a look at the MASSIVE one that was taken around Independence opening day?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: zs93

Thanks wibowhntr. Both of these deer were in fact taken this year. They were taken on the far west side of the county, almost in Buffalo county. In fact we probably had four inches left on the property on opening day.

Wis Bow Hunter: Maybe you should get out in the woods before you accuse me of not shooting these opening weekend.
Thats kinda funny that you said that. I hunted the entire 9 days. I was over in the area you say you shot these. I did not see any snow.....?? Lets see the tags on the horns with month and year. Something doesnt make sense here, I know there was no snow there.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice bucks! Congrat's
Old 11-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Bartender

I see the yellow tag on the one to the left. The one on the right its first pic looks like a vehicle/accident tag? Very nice bucks though.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Bartender

Where did you shoot that at on the body? Both pics of that bigger one I cant seem to see a entrance or exit
hole. I zoomed the 2nd pic cant seem to see it. I could be very very blind though.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Bartender

sob I didnt see the velvet pic till now. Very Nice.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Oh boy. I didn't know shooting a couple nice bucks could be such a big deal. The bigger buck was NOT a car deer kill. I shot this deer as he looked at me, in the chest. If you look closely you willsee the zip tie that holds my registration tag and below that you can see the metal dnr tag (on pic with both deer).

For the other people that don't believe there was snow. If you would have drove out of Independence Saturday morning you wouldn't have seen much but I am about 7 miles west of there and there was defintely snow. Like I said before about 4 inches and there was even a couple left on Sunday.

Also, where is that big buck taken around Independence? I was at Hooch's (reg station) and mine appeared to be one of the biggest at that time but when I drove over to Arcadia there was hogs everywhere.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a better one so you non-believers can see the tags better.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Bartender

ZS.

Im sorry I got caught up in this and will learn from this. Please accept my apologie. They are 2 very fine deer and I feel like you know what for ruining your very happy moment.

Quick Reply: Trempealeau County Bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.