Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Does Or No Does >

Does Or No Does

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Does Or No Does

Old 11-19-2002, 06:10 AM

Default Does Or No Does

im 12 years old and i can get a buck or a doe wit my tag but i dont want to shoot a doe but we hunt wit6 othere people and the partey hunt so they shoot does, but is that a good thing or a bad thing

-KILLMANTIM
Old 11-19-2002, 06:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-19-2002, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Does Or No Does

i bought a doe tag only this season, at first anyway until on opening morning i had a nice buck stare at me for an hour. I personally am going to buy a buck and a doe tag from now on and try to get one of each. i will take the first nice animal that comes along, i do this because i am primarily a meat hunter.
but having said that, take what ever you want. you are 12 and i think it will probalby be your first season or so, so a buck makes a nice first deer, i know mine did. your party i belive will understand if you tell them that you want your first deer to be a buck. mine happened by chance. Though before you shoot a deer consider the rack size, because not that it is hugely important but i think anything below an 8point should be let pass because there is always next year when he could be bigger

propmahn
save the world, reload your brass

Old 11-20-2002, 09:54 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does Or No Does

Just curious...why would you not want to shoot a doe?

JRW