Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 They're chasin in WI! >

They're chasin in WI!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

They're chasin in WI!

Old 11-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default They're chasin in WI!

for those of you waitin for the rut to get in full swing, its finally startin. i was out this afternoon from 325-5 and didnt see any deer, but did finda big scrape on the edge of my food plot that wasnt there sunday, and on the walk out i made a pitstop to pick up my trail cam about 70 yards from my stand, and when i was hunched by the tree, i heard deer runnin towards me and past me, couldnt see cuz it was pretty dark in the thick stuff, but when i got up to leave a really big deer mooned me and took off. then as i was packin the camera into my bag iheard some more runnin, and saw a small deer run into the pines, somewhat in my direction, and heard runnin behind it, then a deer ran towards me, put its head down, snorted, and took off in the other direction. I'm just glad i didnt have any estrous scent on, i might have gottenmounted. This next week and a half are gonna be great hunting, so call in sick cough cough and get in the woods!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: They're chasin in WI!

deer in southern wi have been chasing for 2 weeks. I saw one breeding yesterday. My hunting partners deer sightings have been low so mabey there already starting to hole and breed. But this warm weather cant help either,here it was 70 to day and susposed to be as warm 2 morrow 2.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

I was outon monday, and i cant tell you for sure if the deer are rutting but i believe they are i put up two scent sticks and then was in the stand for 30 min just did one bleat call and had a 6 pointer walk about 35 yards from me and i think he smelt where i walked in then he got spooked. I will be out again on friday to get that sucker, and maybe even sat if friday doesnt work out.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Yea im hunting just north of green bay and IMO they're just startin, from what i can tell from my trail cam that got pics of 3 dif bucks 1 week and this week just had a doe pass by, id say they're off the scrapes and out lookin for does. Hopefully they'll still be chasin this weekend up in northern Langlade county, im just worried they might be holed up when rifle season starts the 18th. what is every1's outlook on the season? either way, good luck, and be safe.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:54 PM

It starting up where i hunt north/west of Waupaca. I've seen a few little bucks do some chasing and yesterday @ 11:30am I had Bullwinkle coming my way as I did some rattling and when he got to about 175yds a nearby farm tractor spooked him off, oh well, I'll live. Lord willin, there'll be another chance.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

they have definately been rutting for a good week now here in trempealeau county!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:11 AM

Schobs, where do you hunt in langlade, I hunt on the paper land just south of moccasin lake and just off of B west ofpellican lake. I also hunt some private property in forrest county.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:35 AM

I'll be hunting Langlade County opening weekend, then Juneau County after that.