Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Missouri youth season >

Missouri youth season

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri youth season

Old 11-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Missouri youth season

Here in Mo. we have a youth season and I personally think it's a crock. The reason I think this is because it gives daddy, uncle John and any one else who goes into the woods under the guise of lettingjunior kill a deer a license to steal. I watched this first hand last week end[:@], and I turned them in to the authorities. I hope the adult is not ever permitted to hunt again.
Any one else have any thoughts on this?????
Old 11-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missouri youth season

Good for you! I'm sick n tired of law breakers. Don't know I should call them poachers due to a thread about them but, it comes to mind. Anyway, cudo's. If it's any consulation, my son missed a doe. But he had a good time, and that's what it's all about!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Spike

I know what you mean about adults shooting deer on youth season under the disguise of their kid.
But, as a youth in Missouri, I love the youth hunt. This year was my 3rd youth hunt and next year is my last chance to hunt youth weekend.
I got a 4 point buck on the 2004 youth hunt and this yearI got a 8 point buck on youth hunt
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOHunter88

I know what you mean about adults shooting deer on youth season under the disguise of their kid.
But, as a youth in Missouri, I love the youth hunt. This year was my 3rd youth hunt and next year is my last chance to hunt youth weekend.
I got a 4 point buck on the 2004 youth hunt and this yearI got a 8 point buck on youth hunt
congrats on the buck! point to remember, if your dad is a landowner, there is no age limit on the youth hunt as long as you still live with him. Scott.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

congrats mohunter88.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

I think the maximum agefor the youthhunt is 15.Better check the regs.

congrats on the buck! point to remember, if your dad is a landowner, there is no age limit on the youth hunt as long as you still live with him. Scott.
[/quote]
Old 11-06-2006, 09:30 AM

People do take advantage of the system, but it provides a valuable introduction tohunting for the kids and gives kids a chance to hunt deer that aren't under heavy pressure yet. They didn't have the youth hunts when I would been the right age, butI definitely would have gone!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Well I would probably have gone to if there was a youth hunt when I was a kid, who wouldn't have? To have a season for kids is great I just don't like the abuse. I was taught not to abuse the laws of hunting. Our hunting group doesn't and they know if one of them does they are out.
To me it goes back to that old saying, practice makes perfect.Well I think it should read "Perfect practice makes perfect". We all know how impressionable kids are so we allneed to do the right thing.
Good luck.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: spudrow

I think the maximum agefor the youthhunt is 15.Better check the regs.

[/quote]

Sorry, I read it wrong, age limit is 15. there is no limit on minimum age of landowners, sorry for the confusion.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

I had the great privilege to take my daughter, who is seven, out on the youth hunt, her first. She's been going along with me for two years, and has proved to be a very inquisitive young hunter. She took a small doe on the second day, and I can tell you for sure, that whether I kill a deer or not, my season is complete. It was her first deer, she made a great shot, and we recovered the deer with minimal effort. I understand you're frustration, but the same guys who take junior out and "fill" his tag, are the same guys who will drive around and shoot a nice buck out of your yard while spotlighting. If there wasn't a youth season, they'd do it anyway. Thanks for turning the guy in, and lets hope his child learned a lesson that will provide him/her well in the future. The guy probably hasn't learned anything.

I was a bit hacked off at a few folks who made some comments about me filling my daughter's tag, when we took it to the processor. I was proud when she let them know in no uncertain terms that it was her deer, not mine. I don't think theyoung manexpected her to get that upset.It was a little disheartening to be suspected just because she happened to be a youngster. I did notice that the young man who made the remark, was there to buy beef, even though he had a nice pretty "bow hunt, or don't hunt"decal in his back glass. Maybe he'll get lucky this weekend.

GH

Quick Reply: Missouri youth season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.