Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Waushara, Wisconsin Deer Hunting >

Waushara, Wisconsin Deer Hunting

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Waushara, Wisconsin Deer Hunting

Old 11-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Waushara, Wisconsin Deer Hunting

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone had any information on public huntingor private)in Waushara Co., WI? I hunted up there with two of mybest friendslast year on some private land in Wautoma and hadthetime of our lives.We only harvested two does, but as true hunters know, getting adeer is just a bonus when your outdoors with friends.Unfortunately, my best friend was killed in suddenly in an accident this year at the age of 27 and the land that we had used was through him and was sold to build houses. As a memory to him this year, my other best friend and I would like to return to Waushara Co. and be in a tree stand this year opening morning remembering our best friend, kind of for sentimental reasons. If anyone knows any good public hunting spots and a cheap lease, it would be greatly appreciated. We are Illinois boys that live in downtown Chicago (proud to sport deer on the roof of our cars and see the looks you get driving our deer home on Lake Shore Drive!) but are expierenced hunters. If anybody has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know, it would mean a lot for my best friend and I to get up there this year to hunt. Thanks to all and I wish a 150 plus buck in front of all of you openinng day!!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Waushara, Wisconsin Deer Hunting

Here is a link to the Wisconsin DNR website. There are a couple public hunting areas in Waushera County.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...rtheastmap.htm