Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Mich rut countdown!!! >

Mich rut countdown!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mich rut countdown!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mich rut countdown!!!

Hunted our lease in Jackson county this weekend. Didn't get to see any of the big guys, but some of the smaller bucks were chasing does. The does really woudn't have much to do with them, but it was fun watching. Saturday afternoon I was watching a very nice 4 pt, that has pretty thick main beam and small tines. He was chasing does and along came a spike with 10-12 inch spikes with a sticker on the right side, well they decided to square off about 30 yds. from my stand. They didn't just tickle their antlers together they went at it full tilt and the spiker kicked the 4pts. butt. He ran all the way back into the woods looking for his mommy.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:42 PM

Default RE: Mich rut countdown!!!

Thanks for the report !

I hunt Jackson Co to and will be out the next 2 mornings. Hope their still moving.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Well, here's another Jackson County report. Young bucks are showing interest in doe bleats and light rattling of a rattle bag. Between the four of us hunting, we all experienced responses to our calls. Also, the young bucks are dogging does already and starting to act goofy. Saw several mature bucks traveling as late as 9:30 in the morning for the first time this year. The last two years the rut was almost two weeks late. From what I see this year so far, the rut will be on time or early and hoping to see it peak mid-weekin the first week of November.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer are starting the chase in Kent Co. I can't wait to take the trip to the U.P. tomorrow!
Old 10-24-2006, 02:50 PM

i hunt up in the thumb they are starting to chase now. i seen four different bucks this morning and they were chasing.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Spike

In Mecosta Co. (near Big Rapids)we saw a little chasing this weekend. I saw a 4 and a small6 on thetrails of does. Did some still hunting and saw lots of rubs and scrapes. Hope it finally quits raining soon. I saw 2 rubs on trees the size of coffee cans near my gun blind. I'm pumped.