Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Any Minnesota Hunter Seeing Anything? >

Any Minnesota Hunter Seeing Anything?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any Minnesota Hunter Seeing Anything?

Old 11-14-2002, 04:21 PM

Default Any Minnesota Hunter Seeing Anything?

Any of you guys seeing any thing?? cause i was just wondering, because im am seeing a whole bunch of deer and some pretty good size bucks in northern minnesota!!
Old 11-16-2002, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Any Minnesota Hunter Seeing Anything?

The deer are everyware down here in the SW corner of MN.
You guys got it made up there, being able to use rifles.
Down here some of the slug hunters drive down the road shooting out the window as they go, I'm not kidding ether.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:48 PM

I live here in N. MN. I've seen quite a bit of large bucks in my area, a nice 10pt,and two 6ptrs.,and a grand daddy of a 14ptr.He gives me alot of heartache because he seems to stay out of my range and he seems to outwit me everytime,but I will never give up until he's on my wall.But it seems like everywhere in N.MN. people have been seeing big bucks lately.My guess is the mild winters we've had the last few years.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:36 AM

I hunt southeast of park rapids and saw only one doe running across the road, going into town friday before opener.I think the dnr is scamming us by inflating the number of deer out there so people will get excited and go out and purchase a license and bonus tags where they are able to.Since they did not get that 1/2 cent tax,I think they are looking for other ways to raise money.You figure there are 400,000-500,000 hunters out there that they should be able to slaughter the deer and yet I read in the paper that hunting succes was down all over the state except around the Aitkin/Hill city area,where the cwd scare started.Just my opinion.anyone else think so?
Old 11-29-2002, 10:18 AM

Bemidji mn here haven't seen a lot of deer activity here lately, kicked up a nice eight the other day can't shoot a deer on the run with my bow, seems like their moving more at night, hard to find a good food source this time of year, missed a nice ten on nov 8, hit a 1/4" branch that I couldn't see at 26yds went right under him, I can't get over the pain of that one, have seen a few bucks during rifle season but no shots available, only use bow, got three does this year, been working this 150 class buck since opener of bow season, have seen him three times during pre-rut, and once during the rut, but never able to get a shot, apparently he is smarter than me. Haved passed up a few spikes and y bucks, but I got the meat so I want the big boy. Hoping to nail a buck during the second rut, deer should actively start feeding soon, and get back to their normal routine. George here's a ? how many people actually register their deers? I registered two, most of the people I know only register one at the most, if any, so how can the DNR give an accurate count, and say the # are down.
Killmantim where you at, do you need a hunting partner????
Old 11-30-2002, 12:03 PM

I think most people register the deer on the way home or you can even wait until you get home but then the chances of registration is lower because they didn't get stopped on the way home so they are in the clear.The law says you have to register the deer so I think most people do and are law abiding.