Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri Info

Old 10-20-2006, 12:28 PM

Default Missouri Info

I was looking for any info people could provide on Rifle hunting in Missouri. I would like to put a hunt together for the fall of 2007 and am looking for some leads on public land or landowners with land that can be hunted. Any leads where to start would be appreciated.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missouri Info

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/
Old 10-22-2006, 01:28 PM

Private land will be hard to come by, but sometimes there are classified ads in the city papers - St. Louis Post-Dispatch and Kansas City Star.

Check the MO Dept of Conservation website above for info on public lands. I think the best public lands are limited to archery only (at least the public lands that I have hunted on.) Public land open to rifle hunting is bound to be subject to heavy pressure during rifle season. Good luck though!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

There are millions of acres of public land in Missouri to hunt deer with a rifle. Some times you find a place that isn't very crowded.

Mark Twain National Forest is the largest and is spread all over the state. There are lots of smaller places to hunt as well. Contact the conservation site in the first post to get more info. What area of the stateare you interested in?

The St. Louis Post Dispatch has listings of hunting land for lease all the time. Contact their web site for more info. St Louis Post Dispatch .com. Look in the classified section.