Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Pet Peeve, Indiana Licenses... >

Pet Peeve, Indiana Licenses...

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Pet Peeve, Indiana Licenses...

Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 AM

Default Pet Peeve, Indiana Licenses...

Anybody else been frustrated with the new "system" Indiana has gone to for their hunting and fishing licenses? I know it's probably way more efficient for them, but it doesn't even have a place on the printout to mark doe or buck like it used to, according to the C.O. we talked to, you are suppose to make your own or use the one out of the rules and regs.

The only benefit I see to this new computerized printout system is that if you get your license online and lose it, you can reprint it again... the bad news is, if you didn't get it online, you either have to wait a millenium to get a new one sent, or buy a different one!

Maybe it's just me, but it is kind of frustrating and really quite a pain in the tooshie.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pet Peeve, Indiana Licenses...

i like the change its just like landowner, youth, and lifetime licenses i have a lifetime so im use to it
Old 10-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

The only benefit I see to this new computerized printout system is that if you get your license online and lose it, you can reprint it again... the bad news is, if you didn't get it online, you either have to wait a millenium to get a new one sent, or buy a different one!

Maybe it's just me, but it is kind of frustrating and really quite a pain in the tooshie.
That's not 100% true. If you lose your license and go online to print another one, there's a fee. This happened with my fishing license. You could however, print multiple copies when originally purchase your license online.

I do wish they would have, at the bottom of the license, a place for the tag. It'd be nice even if they had tags on the sight to print off and use.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/licenses/pdf/tempdeer.pdf. try this
Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont have a problem with the computerized system myself. The only thing that kinda irritates me about the license is that since they went to OBR we still have to buy an additional buck tag for each season up until we finally kill one. If you are going to allow just one buck then why not have a single buck tag for all year long good for any weapon?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:30 PM

excellent point, bigbuck... guess it's all about the money. At least the money is going to the DNR, but I still completely agree with you.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a great point
Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because they'd lose money doing that.

I think with the new system, it makes it easier for poachers, especially if they get stopped by DNR. Yeah I have a tag, and here's the transfer tag I just made this morning. See? All filled out and legal. DNR leaves, the poacher goes home and never checks the deer in. [:'(]

I've found several carcasses at Mississinewa, with the antlers cut off.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care much for the new system as well. Although it may save a boat-load of cash for the state, it's just dumb how they go about it (OBR).
Old 10-13-2006, 10:13 AM

I'm all for the government cutting budget on certain things, but I tell ya what... when it comes to hunting, don't mess with it unless you are darn sure you are making it BETTER!!

My child support checks will probably end up being put on a debit card sooner than later. They have been talking about doing it with no other options in the near future. That will just set me a fumin'! But... it saves sooo much on postage! Grrrr...

Quick Reply: Pet Peeve, Indiana Licenses...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.