Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

So were you with Amber Hollie or Jill Scheider?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Spike

I know Jill was in my class, but I didn't see a Amber Hollie in the year book but the name sounds familiar. I never talk to Jill, you know how H.S can be, but if you see her tell her I said hello and hope everyone is doing fine.

Justin A.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

I coached her in high school. I was the girls JV basketball coach I think I stopped in 2000 or 2001.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been a rough week, but finally finished sighting in my guns yesterday. I forgot my ear plugs, still got a ringing in them 12 hours later.

Going out in minutes. If it's brown, it's down (lone exception: small bucks).
Old 11-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man i am so frustrated right now. Believe it or not, i seen what i think was that same BIG 8 point that I saw 2 weekends ago and was convinced i'd never see again. I just happened to look back and he was about 60 yards off in the neigbors thicket after a doe. The doe took off and was coming right toward me. I started getting that feeling that you get when you just know its going to happen. I pivoted around in my stand, took the gun off safety, turned on my red dot and got ready. The doe never came across the property line!!! She skirted the edge and eventually took off in a field, which is basically the backyard of the neighbors house. The Buck of course followed her and i never seen them the rest of the morning. Im hoping maybe they bedded down in the fence line. I did hear 3 shots up that way though about 20 minutes later. I just hope and pray nobody shot that guy. I seen 4 bucks this morning, 7 does. Every buck but one was with a doe. Rut still going strong out there, i was surprised. The other guy hunting the woods has moved his stand even closer to mine now. He was going to shoot one of the bucks before it took after a doe. I could see him with his gun up and ready. As long as he doesnt shoot my direction i dont have a problem. But if Mr. Big comes back and he takes a shot over in my area it's going to be on.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:47 AM

I had a pretty good mornin i saw a big 8point ,spike and doe. The 8 point walked with in 20 yards of me but the brush was thick so i didnt shoot do u think i shouldve shot?
Old 11-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: indianhunter

I had a pretty good mornin i saw a big 8point ,spike and doe. The 8 point walked with in 20 yards of me but the brush was thick so i didnt shoot do u think i shouldve shot?
You did the right thing man. Believe me, i know when you a see a big one like that the feeling you get of now or never and it can be hard to lay off. But it is the right thing to do. If you shoot and miss you can pretty much count on never seeing him again, at least if you dont spook him you still have a chance. I had passed up the big one i seen today 2 weekends ago during bow at 15 yards. I just didnt have a good shot so i had to let him go. He was back today. If you think it's a risky shot it's better to hold off.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went tonight to my evening spot and seen another NICE buck. I saw at least 20 does and 2 bucks. One was a decent 8 pointer, but he was still inside his ears so i let him go. Right at dark i watched a big bodied deer come out of the creek bank and start shredding a tree. I was able to get him to about 90 yards from me with a can call. Couldnt get a good glimpse of the rack overall but i could tell it was very WIDE. He was grunting the entire time and eventually took off after the does. Again tonight, both bucks very interested in the does. I sure hope tomorrow is as good as today was, i got the feeling that im very close to taking one of my best bucks.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Horrible day. Last year everything went my way, this year the deer gods are getting even with me...

Saw NOTHING this morning...opening eff'ing GD day of gun season. Hilljacks everywhere shooting, but NOTHING around me. Some moron set up a treestand in a boardering woods 40 yards directly in front of me..FACING our land. Spend all morning listening to him coughing/sneezing and pissing. Top it off, he had the most shiny white boots I've ever seen. WTF are you thinking?!?!

Went to Wendy's for lunch, my sandwich sucked and my chili was cold.

My afternoon hunt I at least had some action. A farmer's dog ran thru the woods barking, kicked up a buck and a doe. It was a really wide/tall 6pt...was walking up below me to my right. Another 15 yards and I could have spit on him. He cut into a thicket...came to a clearing...and I missed him at no more than 50 yards. WTF. Saw a few does later on,walked the other way. Saw another very big buck, ran the other way after some does.

Then I get home and make some pizza pasta kit the wife picked up, absolutely horrid. Been a bad day.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt have to bad of a day. Almost took a one but saw it was a button buck. There was two of them. Saw a one buck couldnt see how many points to much brush in the way. Got down from stand saw five does out in the field. It was to dark to shoot. I guess try it again tommorrow. I dont have school Wednesday-Friday. So I am planning on hunting everyday.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.