HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Indiana Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/157510-indiana-hunters.html)

bowtech die hard 12-12-2006 10:22 AM

RE: Indiana Hunters

ORIGINAL: StealthHtr22

I had the BEST bowhunting season probably ever....that followed with the WORST firearms season ever...no we're to muzzleloader, hope it gets better, the deer seem to be moving better than in firearms.

Oh yea, I know they got stomped last night, but GO COWBOYS! Sorry, I know I live in IN, but I grew up a Boys fan!Long live King EMMITT!
right on, cowboys all the way!!!!!!

Pat Curtis 12-12-2006 04:04 PM

I don't understand why people like sports teams that they aren't even close to. I've always cheered for local teams..just how I roll.

One thing that cracks me up, is all the OSU football fans I work with...yet none of them care about other OSU sports. Very few even know their basketball team is ranked. If OSU football sucked, I doubt they would still cheer them on. Bandwagon fans irk me.

Parrot Head 12-13-2006 05:37 AM

Or what about the people who like ND football. Duke basketball etc. They are fans of however is the best. THere are ladies at school that always wear red when IU plays and they grad. from there. To me a true fan knows the players coaches etc. who they are not personally. I ask them who the coaches are or players other than the top 6 or 7. They dont know.

Pat Curtis 12-13-2006 01:47 PM

I guy I work with, loves the following teams/players. Tell me he's NOT a bandwagon...lol...

*Shaq/Heat (previously Shaq/Kobe/Lakers)
*Braves/Redsox
*Dallas Crackboys (and now sporting SD Charger clothes..LOL!)
*Jeff Gordon
*OSU football (and has an old Florida St. jacket...LOL!)
*Duke/Florida St. basketball

The guy is so annoying to talk sports with. I can mention Reggie Miller and he'll reply he's always loved him and the Pacers...back when he was a big Bulls fan. Psssssh..... :eek:

Pat Curtis 12-15-2006 07:52 PM

Shot a deformed (oneside was more massive/more points than the other...5 vs. 3)8pt this afternoon...was right under me. The shot didn't even go thru him (150gr 777, 245gr PowerBelt)..perfect shot. Very little blood..but only went about 75 yards.

Funny thing about it, there was an arrow sticking out of the ground next to where he expired (which was a boardering woods). I started looking around for someone in a treestand....only to find out later it was a friend of mine's arrow that he used to shoot at a rabbit a month ago...lol.

I'll try to upload some pics tomorrow...gotta get to bed.

bigbuckOO 12-15-2006 11:23 PM

Congrats Pat. Im going out tomorrow looking for a doe. I have not been able to hunt at all this week so far. It's been about 2 and a half weeks since i have been in the woods.

bigbuckOO 12-16-2006 07:35 PM

Went out tonight and the idiot that owns the neighboring property decides to take a walk through his woods at 5pm with his barking beagle dog. They scared out 7 nice does that ended up hauling butt clear across the road. After that my hunt was pretty much over. This guy is a real character, seems like he only wants to take his walks through the woods real early in the morning and late in the evening, right at prime time. Never wears any orange either. Think from now on im just going to stick to the property where i shot my buck. It's a longer drive but at least i dont have to deal with anyone screwing up my hunt.

meat_eater 12-17-2006 02:20 PM

I live in Southren Dearborn County And the deer in my woods are just layig down I guess this heat wave has them out of wack !

Parrot Head 12-18-2006 05:36 AM

Boys it is slow in Switzerland/Jefferson Co. I had a couple of goals before season hunt everyday of the season. Got that. Get 500 hours in my stand. I will have that and then some. See 400 deer. I am around 290 now. Dont know if I will make that one.

StealthHtr22 12-18-2006 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Parrot Head

Or what about the people who like ND football. Duke basketball etc. They are fans of however is the best. THere are ladies at school that always wear red when IU plays and they grad. from there. To me a true fan knows the players coaches etc. who they are not personally. I ask them who the coaches are or players other than the top 6 or 7. They dont know.
Haha, know how that is. I'm a Cowboys and Michigan Wolverines fan. Michigan Football/Basketball! And any other sport, always supporting the Maize in Blue....It's going to be a great Rose Bowl!!!!!! OSU got lucky the 1st meeting, wish there was a rematch...but I guess Florida deserves a shot too...

bigbuckOO 12-18-2006 11:18 PM

I went this evening an jumped a few on the way in, other then that it was dead. Hope this cool down gets them moving. Im not seeing much movement at all over my food sources which is real surprising at this time of the year.

Oh and one other thing..Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey think gonna beat them Colts. Hope all the Bengals fan had a safe ride home tonight:D

kevin1 12-19-2006 05:26 AM

Between the unseasonable weather and the fact that they cut the beans and corn very late down here I've probably seen 6 deer in as many weeks . One of the most disappointing seasons I've had in several years .

Pat Curtis 12-19-2006 06:39 PM

Drove up north to get my meat from the doe I shot a few weeks back...deer were in every other field off of I69 around 445pm. Most were grouped up..some fields had 30+ deer within several acres! Don't see that up north too often.

bigbuckOO 12-22-2006 11:12 PM

Finally got a deer in close enough for a shot tonight and blew it. Found about 5 little specs of blood where she was standing and then that was it. She jumped a fence, ran across a huge corn field and went into the neighbors woods. Had to stalk to even get to this deer. I had to put 5 times the effort to even get into position for a shot on this doe then i did for my buck i killed. It has been a horrible muzzy season for me so far, i have hunted almost every night this last week and seen about 8 deer. This weather sucks. Warm, windy, rainy. Going to try again this weekend and then thats all for me.

Pat Curtis 12-24-2006 03:00 PM

Should have done something meaningful and gone hunting. How a defense can be this horrid with a "defensive minded coach" (in which I don't buy) is beyond me.

Fire Meeks and the ST coordinator. Basically, we're wasting away another Manning year.

bigbuckOO 12-24-2006 04:36 PM

Yeah, bad day all the way around here Pat. Went hunting this morning looking for a doe. Didnt see a single doe, instead i had 2 bucks less then 20 yards from me. Go figure. Watched the game and hadnt planned on going hunting tonight, after the game i was so furious i told my wife i had to go hunt to calm down. So i drive out to the place where i killed my buck, seen 6 does, at about 100 yards. Too far for me to shoot with my open sights so i had to eat a doe tag. Im still pizzed about that game, Manning deserves better. Were gonna be one an done in the playoffs, just blew a 2 seed and a bye. Absolutely ridiculous all the way around i dont even know what to say. Im out of words to describe it after this entire month and a half. Hey, remember man, im Marvelous88 over at Coltpower, i seen you chatting it up there today. Ed seems like an alright guy at all, but i think he did way too much thinking when he wrote those articles blaming our O.

Pat Curtis 12-24-2006 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbuckOO

Yeah, bad day all the way around here Pat. Went hunting this morning looking for a doe. Didnt see a single doe, instead i had 2 bucks less then 20 yards from me. Go figure. Watched the game and hadnt planned on going hunting tonight, after the game i was so furious i told my wife i had to go hunt to calm down. So i drive out to the place where i killed my buck, seen 6 does, at about 100 yards. Too far for me to shoot with my open sights so i had to eat a doe tag. Im still pizzed about that game, Manning deserves better. Were gonna be one an done in the playoffs, just blew a 2 seed and a bye. Absolutely ridiculous all the way around i dont even know what to say. Im out of words to describe it after this entire month and a half. Hey, remember man, im Marvelous88 over at Coltpower, i seen you chatting it up there today. Ed seems like an alright guy at all, but i think he did way too much thinking when he wrote those articles blaming our O.

I couldn't believe some people bought in to that BS! It ticks me off to the point I laugh. It is clear that the offense feels the need to press, something Manning hasn't done for a couple/few years (with the exception of a few games)...all b/c the defense can NOT be trusted to stop anyone.

I think I made a post in the game thread about how long it's gonna take for someone blaming the offense to show up..just poking fun at that whole thing.

I look at every other team playing against the run (even some teams in nickel/dime situations), biggest difference is size (front 7 mainly). Second difference is often times we still play the pass on 1st down..rushing blindlyaway from the play. By that time, their Olineisputting our LB's face first into the ground, and our tiny DB's have to make the stop (thus getting injured).

I can't wait to here Polian's BS radio show. I'm a fan of his, but sooner or later he's going to have to pin this on Dungy, Meeks, Defense, and ST's. Our offense is doing great IMO if you figure in the fact we don't have Stokely and Clark.

Injuries have killed the defense, but I REALLY hope Simon's body gets it together..letting him play next year. Along those samelines, some-how keep Booger and Reagor. Move Brock to DE, let Mathis play ST's and situational pass rusher. Draft a LB in the 1st round, then again possibly in the 3rd. I wouldn't mind picking up another RB to spell Addai (I hope Rhodes is gone) too, a bigger back would be great. Also, a slot receiver in the 2nd day (a taller possesion type) would be nice as well.

monster10rackstack 12-25-2006 03:38 PM

HOPE EVERYBODY IS HAVING A MERRY CHRISTMAS

well guysi dont want to comment on the game but after a terrible gun season and a bad muzzy season i was able to take a nice 2 1/2 year old doe ondec 23 same day i tagged my late season one last year hope to put a picture up later

TurkeyStalker 12-31-2006 01:02 PM

Was out yesterday and saw 14 does and two bucks, I was walking bck to my truck when I saw a big 8 and dropped my stand and tried to cut him off at the back of the property, I saw another 4 does near the back, but no buck, it is amazing how they dissappear.

deerhunter1224 01-05-2007 08:38 PM

well late bow season is about up. i havent been out since muzzleloader. it was a good season no deer in the freezer this year. had a great season and cant wait till next year. time to put up the camera and see whats left for next year.

Parrot Head 01-08-2007 07:11 AM

Sad day yesterday being the last day. I did manage to get 174 hours in since Dec 21 though. Had a lot of fun.

monster10rackstack 01-08-2007 06:38 PM

its over but im happy with the seasoni ended up killing5 with 2 going straight to the food bank1 more going to a needy family andone for the farmers and the last in my freezer and nobody i know had an accedent didnt get the shot at a monster with my bow but i would if i was hunting with a gun during gun season. The fall kinda sucked and we needed snowbut its ok

Pat Curtis 01-08-2007 08:30 PM

Eh, slow year IMO...but it's over with.

On to bigger things, like OSU getting SMOKED by the Gators! I can't wait to hear what all the Ohio $tate fans at work have to say about this in the morning.

GOOOOO COLTS!

Parrot Head 01-09-2007 06:03 AM

Man talk about an rss kicken. I would of loved to have some money bet on that game.

monster10rackstack 01-09-2007 09:02 AM

yea i would have never thought that would happen but only one team came to play. Ginn not playing didnt help but im not sure if it would have mattered

Pat Curtis 01-09-2007 07:37 PM

I heard on espn radio some guy took a bet in Vegas that the Gators would score more than 40 points. I don't remember the odds or what he put down, but said he left with acheck with 8 numbers on it, and no cents. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meat_eater 01-21-2007 10:20 PM

Well season is over and my trail cams are out to see what got away for next season.

Like a friend of mine says " bigger and better next year "