Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Crossbow Permit >

Illinois Crossbow Permit

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Crossbow Permit

Old 09-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Illinois Crossbow Permit

Hey illinois guys, I had a question.

How long would it take to get a crossbow permit, or whatever you have to do to hunt with a crossbow. I just started bowhunting last year with my dad, but this will be my 10th season overall, and since I started bowhunting he spends more time bowhunting since he has someone to bow hunt with. Before last year, he would just go out occasionally and focus on Firearms season with my brother and I.
However, he just recently had an accident on the job today and injured his wrist. He shoots right handed and injured his right wrist and I really dont expect him to be able to shoot his bow this year. He also has a history of carpal tunnel which I told him last year he may have an opportunity to get a crossbow permit, but he kinda shrugged it off.

ANYWAYS.....I know he really wants to hunt this year, and I want him to too, but with the season starting only a couple weeks away, how long do you think it would take to get a permit for a crossbow? Thanks in advance my Illinois brethren!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Crossbow Permit

the thing about Illinois crossbow permits is that the doctor has to certify that the injury is a permanent condition. I am sending in my second application now , due to the fact that last time the Dr would not say the condition was permanent. last time it took a couple weeks to get my rejection letter
Old 09-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Heres where you can find the information

http://dnr.state.il.us/DOO/pdfs/CrossbowPermitApp.pdf

Heres the first paragraph of the application:

For the purpose of securing authorization to hunt with a crossbow, I attest that I have a permanent physical impairment due to injury or disease, congenital or acquired, which renders me so disabled as to be unable to use a conventional bow and arrow device.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

got my permit today ,it took three times sending it in ,because of things wrong with application. once all were taken care of it took less than two weeks to get the permit