Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio rut?

Old 09-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ohio rut?

Does anyone have an estimated figure on when the peak of the rut will be in Ohio? I know many things come into factor such as weather and such, but I need to put in my vacation time at work so I need to know about when. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 AM

Default RE: Ohio rut?

Usually comes in a few days into November say the 5th -17th time frame. So much depends on weather though that it's really hard to say for sure. Last year in SE Ohio where I hunt, Guernsey county, we really didn't witness much of a rut at all in our area. The weather was real inconsistent last year and seemed like every weekend was windy. I shot my buck last year OCT. 31 and he was dogging a doe so ya never know. Two years ago in our area it came in around the middle of the second week of November and we saw tons of activity.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seneca,
That is amazing b/c last year was one of the best ruts around us. Isn't that amazing what a couple hundred miles does? Anyway, I agree, if you can take a week I would take the 10th - 17th. If you can take 2 I would make it the 3rd - 17th.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

heck up here in toldeo i seen a buck chasing a doe about nov 5. and that was the only rutting action i seen i also hunt with 5 friends on the public lands around here and they never seen any rutting action at all
Old 09-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I take off the first full week in November which for this year is going to be the 4th through the 12th! My favorite day is the 9th hands down year after year!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm next door to the west, and hunt within 15 miles of Ohio. I've seen rutting going on in the middle of October every now and then...but it's hardcore 5th-15th of November. Gun season doesn't start here until Nov. 18th this year, normally it's around the 12th or so. GREAT for me b/c I mainly bow hunt.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 AM

huntingson-
What counties do you hunt in SW Ohio. We hunt real close to Seneca lake on about 50+ acres of private land.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:11 PM

I hunt in coshocton I took off the second week of november the past couple of years and it has worked out great.I seen the ohio calender on a hunting show showing the moon phase and they said the same thing if you can take vacation around that time that would be the best.good luck, you live in dalton i am right down the road.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:29 PM

first week in November is a safe bet
Old 09-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Up in michigan our rut was messed up last year to there were just random days of activity spead out after the season started i didnt really see any myself but my cousin saw some spots of it here and there

Quick Reply: Ohio rut?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.