Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

chetek, WI

Old 08-03-2006, 07:43 PM

Default chetek, WI

So, I will be there for a week in september for some fishing, maybe some brews too. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Good fishing, good drinking? So yeah, any info would be great.
thanks
Jon
Old 08-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: chetek, WI

Well, considering I'm a little young for the drinking, I can't really comment on that. But, I've done some fishing up there, and I've always been pretty successfull. Which lake(s) are you going to?
Old 08-05-2006, 10:11 AM

Don't know where we are going. I am going with the g/f's dad, which could be bad. Say me and the old lady get into a fight and I am all alone with her father in a boat in the middle of the lake, um, who is going to find the body??

Anyway, not sure what the plan is. I know we are going for a week, and since I am broke, I don't have to pay for a whole lot, but I will anyway.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

Have fun!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 03:27 PM

Hi Jon,

I live 12 miles East of Chetek. Not much of a fisherman but heard that the Chetek Chain of Lakes are great fishing. It's a chain of six lakes. Pokegema Lake gets a lot of print. Nice size fish from that lake although most the other lakes do have a nice population of larger fish. If you die of thirst in Chetek, it's your own fault. There's a few nice pubs on the main drag. My wife and I go nuts over the pizza at B & B's. You're going to have a great time.

Ken
Old 08-08-2006, 04:36 PM

I think we are going to be at b&bs quite a bit if thats the place with something like $1 or $1.50 beers on tuesday (i think tues), and custom pizza.

Now I just have to get the boat running. Need a battery, fix the trim motor it is leaking oil from not being used, probably going to need tuned up too. Guess I have some work to do.