Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
CWD found in northern Illinois >

CWD found in northern Illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

CWD found in northern Illinois

Old 11-03-2002, 12:11 AM
Banned

Default RE: CWD found in northern Illinois

Now I can quit hearing its Wisconsin's problem not ours.
Its all of ours. I would like to know what some of the manufactures are doing to help.

Peak
Live and Learn
Old 11-03-2002, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Where have you been hearing its Wisconsins problem and not ours?

Everyone i talked to figured its just a matter of time before its all over the country. CWD is every deer hunters problem. To say its not ours is "selfish" to say the least.........

The more and more i read im not likeing these game farms. I didnt have a opionion on it before but it sures seems like theres a connection every time a CWD case pops up.

Read this article. It states right in there that a infected deer escaped last March in Walworth County. This is right on the border of Illinois.

http://www.nwherald.com/spider/NWH/n...49166346.shtml

Kinda funny you never heard about the infected deer escaping..............

Until now..........

"Im not a guide, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently"
Old 11-03-2002, 08:00 AM
nub

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I would like to know what some of the manufactures are doing to help<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Peak: What would you like them to do? Supply free bullets?

Old 11-03-2002, 09:28 AM

Yea it really does suck.I live only 35 miles away from the hot spot.
We are probobly going to have to cut our own meat now too.

It's not how big the Deer,But the size of the experiance that matters!!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:34 AM

It didn't surprise me to read about it either. It's not like there is a huge wall between Wisconsin and Illinois, and Mt. Horeb area is not that far from the border.

The only thing that did surprise me was that it was found before the gun seasons. I figured that some cases would pop up when the started testing deer at check in stations.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Banned

Nub that is the most idiotic response you've given to this day.
I am surprised in you. They could make financial donations testing or research. Think about it next time. Otherwise please do not respond to my threads anymore!

Thanks
Peak
Old 11-03-2002, 08:00 PM
nub

Peak: First of all, I'll reply to any post on this forum as I please and you'll accept it because YOU don't have a choice. Second, your &quot;Idiotic&quot; inquirery as to what the manufacturers are gonna do, leaves lots of unanswered questions. Perhaps you should put the thought into your replies. What manufacturers, and why should they do anything? Ammo man. because we kill deer with bullets? Arrow makers, because we kill deer with arrows? Tree stand Co. because some of us use tree stands to kill deer? Just who are you talking about and why do you think their responsible for CWD in this state or any other?
Old 11-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Banned

You must be a sale's rep. If you dont get it you never will!
Old 11-04-2002, 06:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-04-2002, 07:34 AM

This past week a doe was spotted acting strange, standing in the middle of a cut soybean field, wandering aimlessly, drooling at the mouth, etc. The DNR was called out and they shot her and took the body in for CWD testing. Results are not in yet, but this happened on a piece of land I hunt on the border of JoDavies/Carrol County. That's only two counties over from Winnebago. Everyone in the area is hoping for the best, but who knows. She was showing all the typical signs of CWD.

Its going to be very interesting to see how the DNR handles this problem.

Quick Reply: CWD found in northern Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.