Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 01-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-13-2002, 05:50 PM
Spike

Default RE: iowa residents, i need your help!!!

1) They are all good including the SE.
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) I don't know, never done it

Getting a tag might be a big battle. Search the DNR web site for info about NR hunting in the state.
http://www.state.ia.us/government/dnr/
Old 01-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-14-2002, 01:09 PM

Default RE: iowa residents, i need your help!!!

If you do a little homework and talking to farmers you will be rewarded. I bowhunted in Southeast IA, with great success. As mentioned above there is plenty of state land, and they often plant this land with corn etc for food and cover. Yes, they actually have it planted for the wildlife. I gun hunted this year with friends who grew up in Northeastern IA (Dubuque) and the farmers were great to deal with. To tell you the truth they wanted us to shoot anything we saw because of a deer overpopulation problem. We obviously didn't do that, but it was good to know they were happy to have you helping them out. Bowhunters get the most respect from them, so if you were to take the time to talk to farmers in areas that look good you will be in great shape. Regarding the leasing... It hasn't been necessary for anybody I know, if you ask they will let you in most cases. At one place that we asked to pheasant hunt they said it was OK as long as we came back to deer hunt too. Amazing.
If you get the Iowa DNR regulations from http://www.state.ia.us/government/dn...es/hunting.htm you will find the names and numbers of all the DNR agents in Iowa. Look on the map see where you want to hunt, anywhere in the east would probably hold deer, but I haven't hunted the west. Call the agents in that area and see where you have public access, and they will probably know of farmers who might like a hunter to come help out with a deer problem.