Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ok so mushrooms season is comming >

ok so mushrooms season is comming

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ok so mushrooms season is comming

Old 03-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default ok so mushrooms season is comming

it will be here before you know it. i cant wait... not to long ago i saw a thread about it and someone put a link to another site that had where people have been finding them and the frequency of it. it look like a map with red dots on it.. anyone know what im talking about.when do you guys start going out to look?. my mouth waters just thinking about them. .
Old 03-16-2006, 04:14 PM

Default RE: ok so mushrooms season is comming

Just to let you know I'm in SE Illinois and they are starting to find them here. They had two about 3 inches tall on the news and I know a guy that found one Tuesday. We usually find alot of mushrooms and I do not usually find our first ones the first week of April. They are comming up early this year here. Snow comming next week, so we will see what happens.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

it will be here before you know it. i cant wait... not to long ago i saw a thread about it and someone put a link to another site that had where people have been finding them and the frequency of it. it look like a map with red dots on it.. anyone know what im talking about.when do you guys start going out to look?. my mouth waters just thinking about them. .
here is the site you are wanting www.mushroomexpert.com

there was reports of finds in indiana in the first week of march and southern illinois last week but i think it is too early
Old 03-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stickbow,

Darn, they are already finding them there. I'm from about 50 miles south of you and haven't heard of anybody finding 'shrooms yet. But then again, folks around there usually aren't even looking yet.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

yeah thats the site.. thanks. i went out shed hunting last nignt and didnt see any mushrooms on the ground yet while i was out there. i hope we have a better year this year than last!!!!