Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 looking for hunting buddies in il >

looking for hunting buddies in il

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

looking for hunting buddies in il

Old 03-14-2006, 04:06 PM

Default looking for hunting buddies in il

hello everyone i just moved here to il. i am in the military and i live in great lakes. i love to hunt and fish. just looking for an area to enjoy the sport i love. i would like to get in to some yote hunting. and the ringnecks i have never hunted so i would enjoy doing that. i love to deer hunt and also doves. so if anyone is close by shoot me a pm and maybe we can hook up during hunting season. thansk and what a nice forum
Old 03-19-2006, 06:30 PM

Default RE: looking for hunting buddies in il

Beagler1980, I'm an Illinois bird hunter, but I'm south of you about three hundred miles. Good luck with finding a buddy up your way. Several of us down here in central Illinois have started a spaniel training club. Besides a few of themto hunt with in the fall, I found a great hunting partner that came up to me while hunting a few years back and askedabout the park we were hunting and I invited him to hunt with me and my dog and we've been partners ever since. They're out there!! (now if I could find somebody right here in town that likes to drink beer and will help me around the house/yard with projects). Funny how God gave us two hands and then made just about everything to require three.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Bartender

Beag,

You cant check out Channel Lakes State park out by Fox lake, IL about 35 minute drive on a good day. They have hunting during the month of November. Mondays and Tuesdays are archery deer. And starting Wednesday it is pheasant hunt. Im not sure if it goes to Sunday. I dont hunt there due to being a non resident now and deer licenses are $400 plus. I mostly hunt in Wi.
Directions: From Great Lakes take Route 137 west to route 41 and turn right. Take route 41 about 8 miles to route 173 and turn left west. Take route 173 through Antioch, IL until you reach Wilmot rd. (You will see thelens gravel pit on the left then Kc's cabin bar at the corner of wilmot and 173). Turn left on Wilmot and go south about 2 1/2 miles and you will see the entrance to the park.
You can get all the info you need at the shack or they can direct you to the office which is onsite. While you are there get a map and check out the place. Good hunting.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Bartender

OOPS meant you can check it out.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:00 AM

thanks for all the replies. i am thinking about hunting up in wis to. i am in the military so i don't have to worry about being a non resident. i have checked out the chain o lakes seems real nice. alot of people says its hard to huntther cause they do permits and its always packed. but i am sure iw ill find something. we went to the wisconsin sate fair this weekend and that was awsome. i am always traveling up to mil,wis cause we go to teh hosiptal up there cause my wife is pregnat. fishing is awsome compared to what we have back home. i have never caught so many crappie in my life. its far and few between from were i am from if you catch a crappie. i love it up here. haven't done any hunting but i am sure iw ill find soething. anyway thanks for all teh info.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: beagler1980 ............ i am always traveling up to mil,wis cause we go to teh hosiptal up there cause my wife is pregnat.
Your days just well may be numbered (or severely limited), atleast for awhile.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:50 PM
dcl

Hey beagler. welcome to the great state of illinois. I live about 80 miles west of great mistakes in ogle county. lots of public land out this way. not pressured like the Chain area. If you bow hunt then you are set if you don't mind the drive. plus check out some of the areas to the south around Morris-joliet areas lots of public land down that way also. shabbona state park in dekalb countyoffers some hunting opportunities also for deer and dove too. plus good fishing. it gets kind of hairy there for the first part of bow season but if you hunt during the week it isn't to bad. hope this helps. good luck at great lakes. dcl
Old 03-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: beagler1980

i am thinking about hunting up in wis to. i am in the military so i don't have to worry about being a non resident.
Just a heads up for you from a veteran. Just because you are in the military doesn't mean you can get resident liscenses in states where you are not stationed. You can get a res. IL liscense, but doubt you can get a WI res. too.

I copied this from the WI DNR site...
Note: if you are a nonresident attending high school or a university in Wisconsin, or you are a nonresident who is an active member of armed forces stationed in Wisconsin, please contact your nearest DNR Service Center for information on licenses that may be available to you.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:02 PM

i have an address in wisconsin. so i can get one. i have 3 different hunting lisecen in 3 different states right know. just need to know how to play the game i guess. know if i can just get my dang foid card. i got a letter saying it was denied. lol. what a crazy a@# state illinois is. thanks for all the info
Old 03-28-2006, 02:22 PM

You do not need a FOID card in IL. to bow hunt!!!

Quick Reply: looking for hunting buddies in il

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.