Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Yoopers

Old 10-18-2002, 11:55 PM

Default Yoopers

Any of you yoopers get a deer yet? I havent seen any bucks while bowhunting yet but lots of does. Either this weekeng or next weekent i might shoot a doe to make some jerkey For deer Season (rifle season)
Old 10-19-2002, 02:59 PM

Default RE: Yoopers

Nope no deer here yet either but im not in too much of a hurry to get one i got till Jan 1. In the early season im going for the trophy if im not sucessful then ill take a doe.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

hey Wick,
Same here...lot's of does but no bucks yet. Can't say I've even seen a lot of buck sign yet - I'm sure anytime. I am taking off of work the week of 10/28 and hunting over east of Iron River. Hopefully I will be timing it right - some good late pre rut fun.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:04 PM

hey guys i sure hope that you are all right about the buck action picking up. i can't come up until thnksgiving week and it's killing me, i just want to be out in the field even if i don't see anything. i've gotten 2 does in the past 2 years and never even seen a buck so hopefully i will get lucky. i'm only gettng a buck tag b/c it's so expensive since i'm not a resident. well, wish me luck.

DEATH IS CERTAIN, LIFE IS NOT
Old 10-21-2002, 10:04 PM

hey guys i sure hope that you are all right about the buck action picking up. i can't come up until thnksgiving week and it's killing me, i just want to be out in the field even if i don't see anything. i've gotten 2 does in the past 2 years and never even seen a buck so hopefully i will get lucky. i'm only gettng a buck tag b/c it's so expensive since i'm not a resident. well, wish me luck.

Old 10-21-2002, 10:25 PM

sorry about the double post, i don't know what i did

Old 10-22-2002, 04:08 PM

Hey deer sign is looking better here in Houghton county. Lots of rubs and a few scapes now showing up im getting the first week of november off to try to tag one with the Bow. Hows the action everywhere else?

I think the rut is going to be earlier this year!
Old 10-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guys I hunt with saw some does and one of them had a spike under his stand. I was planning on bow hunting but things just didn't seem to work out. To much going on at a bad time. But nothing will keep me from being there for rifle opening day. So see you then and save me a buck....

I hunt therefore I am...
Old 10-23-2002, 09:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-24-2002, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Wouldn't you know I got called on it. When I read what I typed - that I will be "east" of Iron River that is incorrect. In fact I will be just west of Iron River - about half way between Iron River and Watersmeet. I see golden lake on the map. Will you e-mail me, I would like to chat with you. I am knew to that neck of the woods. I looked for your e-mail and couldn't find it. Mine is [email protected] - Thanks!

Quick Reply: Yoopers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.