Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Proposed Illinois gun ban >

Proposed Illinois gun ban

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Proposed Illinois gun ban

Old 01-20-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Proposed Illinois gun ban

dont know how many of you this might effect if any of you and some of yall may have already heard, but if not.. Illinois Gov. Rob Blagojevich
and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley are trying to get law makers to pass a law prohibiting the manufacture, possesion and delivery of seim-automatic weapons, large ammo clips and the .50cal assualt rifle. Chicago mayor Daley said "It's about time that all of us as American come together in regard to commonsense gun laws" and that " there has been progress in reducioong violence in communities but if that progress is to be maintained, we have to keep the most dnageerous weapons offf our streets NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said the it would not reduce crime and istead would affect hunters and people who take part in shooting sport, he also said that " this ban was enacted at he federal level and congress decided that it was an ineffective tool to combat violent crime and as a result they did not renew it is '04"

Like i said i dont know if this effects any of u or yalll may have known about it but i just that i would put it up in case u haven't heard about it.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Proposed Illinois gun ban

all thesepeople are get me so angry. if they try to take away some of are gun rights the next thing you no is there trying to take away all of are guns
Old 01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

daley should spend more time running chicago and stopping all the bribery and corruption in his city and stop worrying about something that does not effect him. i for one cannot remember the last time some gangbanger was armed with a 50 caliber assult rifle
Old 01-21-2006, 07:16 AM

The sad part is the supposed people they are trying to stop from getting these guns.The bad guys"gang bangers"will still get the guns anyway do you think that these guys buy legal guys NOT !!!

I do not see this law being passed but if we let it then look out cause they will just go do the line until we have nothing left not even our bows
Old 01-21-2006, 07:49 AM

A WELL REGULATED MILITA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:00 PM

Well what do you expect in this state? I'm sorry, I meant the state of Chicago. I wish we could kick Chicago out of IL and have them be their own state, then we wouldnt have to deal with all the corrupt BS politicians from there. I have no idea who any of the canidates are for gov, and I hope one of them is better than the last 2 gov's we've had.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good ole Blow********. Chicago is Illinois according to him
Old 01-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mudd_dawg

The sad part is the supposed people they are trying to stop from getting these guns.The bad guys"gang bangers"will still get the guns anyway do you think that these guys buy legal guys NOT !!!

I do not see this law being passed but if we let it then look out cause they will just go do the line until we have nothing left not even our bows
This is 100% true. The only people that this is going to have any effect on are the ones that obey the law. The so called "gang bangers" will not care what type of gun they are caring, legal or not. Maybe if old Bogy would spend a little more time south of Chicago then he might know there is more to the state than his precious city.

Heres to hoping he doesn't get re-elected
Old 01-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

illinois's gun laws are already screwy. i used to have to keep an up-to-date FOID card. but now that i'm no longer a state resident i can wander around there carrying a gun w/out one. i can even buy ammo w/out one.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

As a former Chicago resident I know firsthand that the gun registration laws of that city have never worked,but the liberal politicians can't see it.
If it wasn't for having strong second ammendment rights legislators downtate ,Chicago Mayor Dicky Daley and his puppet Gov Baloney Sandwich would disarm all of us.When anti-gun legislation comes up,I still contact my Senator and Rep. even though I know they will not support it.
Those of us living in the blue areas of our state need to make their views known to their elected officials.The NRA daily news letter keeps you informed of any pertinent legislation that is pending.

Bill

Quick Reply: Proposed Illinois gun ban

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.