Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL Deer & Turkey Classic >

IL Deer & Turkey Classic

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Deer & Turkey Classic

Old 01-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: IL Deer & Turkey Classic

I am now living in Peoria. How far is that from you?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man, I was just in Peoria yesterday!! Peoria is about 1 1/2 hours straight west of me.

Man, the classic will be in your back yard this year!!

I go turkey hunting over in Kickapoo area, just west of peoria. Maybe we can hook up for some dinner or something.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me and a couple buddies should be there. Ill be wearing my HNI hat! See ya there.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

DK - What day are you going? I will be there Friday.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went yesterday and last night. I saw no Huntingnet booth,was not listed in the program anywhere.

Had a pretty good time, spent a good amount of money, but I feel it was all well spent. Alot of venison seasonings took a ride home with me. I love samples!

As for the crowds. Well Friday is always the least crowded and with the addition of another building this year it was not crowded AT ALL. So it should be much more enjoyable for anyone going Sat/Sun.

Word of caution - there is danger lurking in the crowds. Be on the look out for Little Billy. Probobly wearing a HuntingNet hat (and Jeffy Gordon giranimal clothes!).

Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, cant make it. My cars clutch took a crap so I now have no way of making it this year.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

It was a good time, the biggest I saw on friday when I dropped my head off was a 255 inch non typ. alot of big deer, for sure.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went yesterday and last night. I saw no Huntingnet booth,was not listed in the program anywhere.
There were sharing a booth with the Illinois Bowfishing guys. Thanks again Christine!!

Yep, I brought home some seasoning also!! That buckhead stuff is always good stuff!!

Also picked up some awesome spicy mustard from some guys there. Great stuff!!

You guys should check out my post over in the Technical Forum. Bowtech Shooter was giving out 3 awesome gifts, only the first 3 to ask though!! Thanks again Pat!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Well I just got back myself for my first trip to the Illinois Classic. Ive been going to Madison every year (its much closer) and to be honest I dont think Im in a hurry to get back down to the IL show. As far as deer heads go this show cant be beat. Its unreal how many heads where there. As far as the show part (to be blunt) I thought it sucked. We got there at 10:00 and had to wait forever to get in. Then the crowds where unreal. Way to crowded in them buildings. This show needs to be moved to a better venue where they will get more vendors and more room to walk. Madison blows this place away as far as vendors, Bloomington rocks as far as deer heads.

Just my opinion ( I know that isnt worth much )

Don

Old 02-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

There were sharing a booth with the Illinois Bowfishing guys. Thanks again Christine!!

Dang i was talking tothe bowfishing guys to and didnt even realize they were sharing a booth[&:]

Quick Reply: IL Deer & Turkey Classic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.