Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Volunteers needed for youth event >

Volunteers needed for youth event

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Volunteers needed for youth event

Old 01-13-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Volunteers needed for youth event

To Whom It May Concern:

The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance Foundation will be holding Trailblazer Adventure Day events in midwest regionthis year. Trailblazer is designed to introduce youth and their families to outdoor sports through various outdoor educational activities.

The following are the dates and locations for the events:

[/i]
MN: 4/15/06 Phillippo Scout Reservation, Cannon Falls, MN; 4.22.06 Camp Ripley, Little Falls, MN; 5/20/06; 8/19/06 Camp Wilderness, Park Rapids, MN
OH: 4.29.06 Beaumont Scout Reservation, Rock Creek, OH; 5/13/06 Ft. Stuben, Freeport, OH; 5.20.06 Cub World, Loveland, OH; 9.16.06 Camp Lazarus, Delaware, OH; 10.14.06; 10.21.06 Camp Stigwandish, Geneva, OH

MI: 5/20/06 Rota-Kiwan Reservation, Kalamazoo, MI; 10/14/06 Camp Agawam, Lake Orion, MI; Camp Greilick, Traverse City, MI
WI: 9/23/06 Camp Indian Trails, Janeville, WI; 9/30/06 Indian Mount Scout Reservation, Oconomowoc, WI; 10/14/06 Camp Decorah, La Cross, WI
MO: 9/23/06 Kansas City, MO
IL: 10/7/06 Max McGraw Wildlife Foundation, Dundee IL

NE: 5/20/06
KS: 5/13/06 Quivira Scout Camp, Abbyville, KS

Help is needed for the following activities:
Archery – traditional and modern, teaching basic safety and skills and run the range
Fishing - casting and baiting skills and fish I.D
Game calling - turkey, duck, deer, elk etc.
Hunting and retriever dogs - breeds, training techniques, skill levels and wet and dry land retrieval
Target shooting - black powder, shot gun, riffle, airgun, teaching basic safety and skills and run the range
Conservation education

The days will run from about 8am-4pm, with lunch being provided.

Please contact Frank Price at (614) 888-4869 x202 or [email protected] or Derrek Shively at (614) 888-4868 x224 or [email protected] for details and registration.

Check out our website at www.trailblazeradventure.org
Old 01-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Volunteers needed for youth event

This is a great event to support.

I was at the Illinois one last fall and I had a great time. http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=151

It's very rewarding.

I'll try my best to make this year's IL event too.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, thanks to Christine's fine field journal & pictures (it looked like a beautiful day!) of last years event - I think I have been convinced & will most likely go ahead and volunteer as a "Trail Guide" for this years event. It looks like a great event and I could probobly fit right in and help out. I have been a Hunter Safety Education instructor here in IL for some time now so I could do the Conservation Education, Firearm Safety, Hunter Education and of course one of my favorite events - BB gun range (See me @ National Hunting & Fishing Days, Silver Spring State Park, annually).

October 7th, huh? Hey at a minimum it's a free lunch! LOL
Old 01-20-2006, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the interest! We appreciate all the help we can get.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:52 PM

I think that would be fun to help out. Wher in kansas city are you going to be?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 AM

Last year to event in Kansas City was held at the James A. Reed Wildlife Area in Lee Summit. The MO Department of Conservation was also involved.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:11 PM

We still need more volunteers. Please contact if you are interested.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:28 AM

I just sent y'all an email in the hopes that you'll still be interested in my help! I LOVE the thought of passing on whatever knowledge I've amassed to the next generation of outdoorsmen (and outdoorswomen of course).
Old 02-17-2006, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the interest johnkeltgen.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:50 PM

For the event in Kansas City,you might be able to round up some volunteers from the University of Missouri-Columbia. They have activeorganizations such as the MU Bass Fishing Club and MU Wildlife Society. I can getthe contactinfo if you like.

Quick Reply: Volunteers needed for youth event

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.